Friday, August 31, 2012

Glam & Sunshine

Well kids, Zumba: The Sequel turned out to be survivable as well! I am here to tell about it, and that is saying something. I'm quite surprised that after an entire year off, I am able to make it through the class each time. I have been exercising more lately, so I guess I've built up some type of weakling status. Others, however, have not. Let me paint ya a picture:

So I get there last night and immediately take my spot in the last row in the back. I should note that I take my glasses off before the class starts, upon which I immediately gain blurry vision. Now, I'm not one of those people who go blind, but I do have some trouble seeing further away...i.e., the instructor. Anyway, right next to me are two new girls. I know they are new because they are clearly not wearing the correct clothes for this class. One was very punk rock, so we shall call her Glam. Glam had on a very cute, edgy little "workout" outfit that was mostly blacks and grays, along with numerous piercings, her hair was all spiked up and she was ready. Next to her was a woman whom we shall call Sunshine. She was wearing all tie-dye (it was purple tie-dye, so I give her points for wearing my favorite color, despite the fact that it is indeed 2012, not 1987) and spandex pants.

So we start dancing, and it becomes no secret that Glam has no rhythym. Now, I am NOT judging. This class is full of all kinds of levels, and I certainly am not at the top of the food chain. But Glam was just not having it. She kind of waved her arms like spaghetti and then periodically rocked out to a tune I can only assume she could only hear in her own head. After song 3 we were given a water break, and Glam peaced out. Grabbed her keys, kind of gave us all a Godspeed look, and walked out.

So then that put me right next to Sunshine. Well, Sunshine was all kinds of in her own world. And I don't know what came over me, but I started to laugh. I just couldn't help it. She was totally spaced out in a field of flowers and daisies and had NO concept or idea that she was in Zumba. I almost ran into her like 17 times because she was over there like singing the Carpenters' greatest hits or something. Well, after about 6 or 7, Sunshine stopped mid-dance and walked over to the bench on the wall and just sat down. She smiled at us all and pulled out her cell phone and just started doing who knows what. Meanwhile, I am STILL laughing. I couldn't stop. I probably burned extra calories because of it. Secretly, I think I was jealous that Sunshine got to sit on a bench with Bob Ross while I was on the floor coaching my inner-Beyonce.

Anyway, Sunshine eventually left and I regained control. JUST in time for a guest leader to come on stage and help lead a song with our instructor. This girl was the poster child for "Baby Got Back". I kid you not, I was mesmerized. I don't even remember what SONG we did. All I remember is that ass. I literally could not watch anything else. I told my boyfriend this story last night, and I still don't quite know what it says about me. lol

Overall, had a blast at class. Danced to some J-Lo, Beyonce and Jay-Z, Pitbull. I did have one brief fleeting thought though - I wonder if someone else is taking this class and ALSO keeping a blog to track their journey? They could be coming home every night and writing endless stories about this girl in the UK Wildcats t-shirt who laughed every time she turned around, faced the wrong way, and stared at someone's ass for 4 minutes straight. Food for thought I suppose.

Anyway, before I go let me leave you with a few pictures. Enjoy. I have ZERO idea why they are all sideways. The files are not sideways originally, all the pictures look correct on my computer. Whatevs. Turn your head.

Grilled veggies and Boiled Eggs = YUMMY lunch!!

Right after said Zumba class. I actually find it fitting that this one is sideways.

My fridge - All water, all the time.

New iPhone case - completely irrelevant to weight loss. Fully relevant to my sanity.

Roasted asparagus and (mostly) egg whites. I give this a 6/10. The asparagus was chewy as hell.


2 comments:

  1. I have to stop reading this blog at work. People are going to think I am even more mental. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading it and reading to my bff at the same time, we're both DYING!!

    ReplyDelete