Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Busy Bee

Today is one of those days where I can't decide how I feel. Ever have one of those? I am literally going between thinking this is a great day all the way to thinking this day will never end. Wednesdays are typically very long days for me. I work 12 hours on Wednesdays because we have choir and orchestra rehearsals, children's programming, etc. I stay until rehearsals get under way to make sure everything is all set. I spend most of my day on Wednesday copying music, making music packets for the band members and pianists, making TONS of powerpoint slides, making rehearsal orders/announcements, etc etc. Today we had the baby grand and the grand pianos tuned for the Mark Lowry concert tomorrow, so I had the piano tuner here. Plus I am going on a mini-field trip with the senior adult choir tomorrow to play the piano for them at a few small gigs, so I've tried to brush up my fingers a bit today. And on top of my usual Wednesday activities, I am working back and forth with Mark Lowry's promoter all day trying to get invoices set, volunteers final coordination, facilities set up, police, etc etc. Annnnnnd, I also work in the Discipleship/Education department now in addition to music, and there is a business meeting tonight so I have to run reports for that,too. For the education department I take care of attendance, church records, membership, and a looooot of time with Excel spreadsheets calculating attendance totals. So um, yes. I stay very, very......very busy. Woof.

In exercise news: I went to the gym last night!! Woowoo! And I have an announcement: I ran, not walked, I ran on the treadmill. Now granted, I only ran for 3 minutes straight before I took a mini-break. But for me, three minutes running is a HUGE deal.  I only ever power walk on the treadmill, and then of course do the Ellyptical, which continues to kick my ass on a regular basis. But it felt good to run!! I turned on the Glee soundtrack, found my fav song, and just took off. For someone my size, with a bum knee, and completely and utterly out of shape?? I was pretty pleased with that 3 minute run. One day I will make it up to 20 minutes and look back at this 3 minutes and think how pathetic it was. But today? 3 minutes is a rockstar to me.

I made lunch today. I tried to eat a larger lunch since I know I won't get out of here until 8:30. I made the mistake last week of eating my normal lighter lunch and afternoon snack, and was completely famished by the time I went home. The result? On the way home I stopped and got a pizza. I felt so guilty afterwards!!! ahh! So today I made a bowl of wheat pasta with peas and some low cal/low fat cheese and light butter on it. Again, baby steps. In the past I would have:

1. Made regular pasta
2. Used at LEAST 7 slices of cheese, minimum
3. Cooked the entire box.
4. Eaten at least half of what I made, which is WAY too much.
5. Used real cheese and real butter.

But today I:

1. Used Wheat pasta
2. Used 2 slices of low cal/low fat cheese
3. Cooked less than 1/4 of the box.
4. Ate half and put the other half in the fridge for tomorrow
6.Healthier cheese, healthier butter (though I'm pretty certain I used way too much butter b/c I didn't measure.)

So, although its one of those days, I'm still on track mentally I think. I want to exercise when I get home tonight if I don't feel like I've been hit by a truck. That remains to be seen. OH, and for dinner last night? My sister made the BEST salad!! She broiled some chick, then tossed it in with some green apples, craisins, pecans (this was bad, but not terrible - 1/3 of a cup is 130 calories. totally was worth it.), and a light balsalmic vinegarette for our dressing. Oh my god I wanted to marry it. It was about 300-350 cals overall, and then I went to the gym an hour later and burned 300-350 cals exercising. So woo woo! :)

Just keep swimming,
Micha

2 comments:

  1. Have I mentioned that you rock?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Micha, running for 3 minutes straight is awesome! I still have issues going for that long and not stopping! Heck yeah girl, keep it up! Doesn't it feel great to know that you ate healthy and were full and then burned one whole meal off just by getting on the treadmill for a half hour?

    It seems like we did do the freaky friday swap, you've taken some of my exercise energy and harnessed it for your awesome self!

    ReplyDelete