Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Today's Dish

Well, as non-exciting as my little life is, here I am posting again. Had a good day yesterday. I had a breakfast of Special K and applesauce again. I was not hungry at ALL for lunch yesterday, so I basically made myself eat. I had a bowl of pineapples, wheat crackers with cheese, and a thing of Yoplait Light yogurt (which by the way, if you have not tried this, DO. They have like 30 different flavors and they're only 100 calories for the whole container. Delish.). When I got home last night it looked like rain, but I decided to not let that deter me. I took the dog for a nice power-walk. This time she seemed to enjoy herself a little more than before - a little less panting. haha Me? Felt great! In fact, when I got home I actually wanted to walk more, but then a monsoon hit so that was out. I cooked a great dinner. Steamed cauliflower with light cheese (no butter or salt even needed!), a cup of peas and corn with basil, and a grilled turkey burger on whole wheat toast with grilled red peppers. It was SOOOOO delish.



Not gonna lie, I was pretty proud of myself. I know I cooked WAY too much cauliflower, but who cares? Its only 25 calories a serving, and it had absolutely nothing on it but the one slice of cheese. If I'm going to overeat on something it may as well be a veggie. And I was totally feeling the effects of not having a large enough lunch, so those veggies tasted soooooo good. :)

I came in the office this morning and drank my 8 ounces of water and my Zija vitamins (more about Zija in a later post). I had a bowl of Special K for breakfast, and a lovely cup of coffee, made in my lovely Keurig, and drank in my lovely purple coffee mug. 

For lunch, I went out with Ethan again. I'm trying to have him introduce me to at least one new restaurant a week here in Lexington. I feel like I always go to the same places if I go out. When people come to visit me here, I feel like I should know my city better. I'm kind of a boring hermit and tend not to do much, so I'm making an attempt at fixing that. Today he took me to Charlie Brown's. I give it an A+ for atmosphere. Totally great hidden place down off Euclid. Its really, super dark inside and is lit only by candles and a huge burning fire place. The walls are lined from floor to ceiling with really old books that look like
they're out of an old Sherlock Holmes film. There are big overstuffed chairs and couches that you can sit on instead of tables and chairs (though we chose a table), and it has big, dark wood floors. Loved it. Downside: their menu is standard bar food - aka, everything tends to be fried, dipped, or battered. But I did well! I order the Lucy Lite Chicken sandwich, which was just a plain piece of grilled chicken and a piece of lettuce on a bun. I didn't eat all of the bun but it was good. Instead of fries, I ordered a side salad and had them put my dressing on the side so I dipped the lettuce and ended up not even eating half of what they gave me for dressing. Dipping really works people! And of course: I drank water. So yay for for eating healthy! (as I stared at Ethan's french fries, creamy chicken bisque soup, and HUGE steak philly sandwich. mmmm).

Its raining so I can't take the dog for a walk tonight. Well, I could but we would both be pretty foul when it was over. I'll have to see what I can get myself into tonight for exercise. I just discovered yesterday that one of my bestest friends from my college days, Linds, has a blog of her own!! I don't know how I missed this fact. Anyway, her blog is very inspiring and she is hardcore about the exercise! She even uses an extra job on the weekends to help pay for a personal trainer. What?!?! I am uber motivated now to look into that myself. More to come.

Lastly, shout out to another old friend of mine, the fabulous Betsy. She and I met like fifty years ago when we both got accepted into an opera workshop at Capital University Conservatory and were paired up as roomies. We went on to do community theater together, and she is just in general a very cool person. I've reconnected with her recently and read her awesome blog as well. She has commented on here to tell me that SHE has lost 49 pounds on her journey. Holy cow!!! I can't wait until I can say that. Yay Betsy!

Positive for today: Two coworkers came up to me and told me I looked good today and they could tell I've lost weight. I'm going to accept these comments and try to absorb them. Because frankly, though down 15 lbs I believe I look exactly the same. It takes more than 15 lbs for this girl to look skinnier. But nonetheless - thanks ladies. :)

Charlie Brown is more than a cartoon character,
Micha

4 comments:

  1. Aww! Love your blog! I blog about food and recently started posting some WW recipes! Check it out if you get bored - adriennewilliams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out. :) I have no doubt by the obvious positivity and commitment you are showing that you will be hitting and surpassing 49 pounds in no time.
    I am so amazed by how my whole way of thinking has changed when it comes to eating at a restaurant. I have found that I can find something to eat anywhere even if it means asking for a different side, or occasionally for items left off.
    Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adrienne!! :) I am definitely checking out your blog and looking at your delish recipes. You are such a foodie, that if you like it then it MUST be good!

    I don't have anything against WW - I actually did it about 5 years ago and lost 60 lbs on the program. My problem was, once I stopped the program I completely quit. I viewed it more as a diet than anything, so I felt like it had some type of time frame on it, when in all actuality it doesn't at all. So now I just incorporate a little of everything - and that def. includes some good WW recipes. Plus, anytime I see something that is WW endorsed or has a WW point value on it, I figure it can't be half bad for me.

    PS - I miss NYC,too! Tell Terence and John and who ever else is still there I said "Hey ya'll!". :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will do! Terence is headed back to Hawaii in April (he better not get secretly married!!) and Maniac is still there - I'll tell them both you said "HEY!"

    I agree with you though - we all know what our bad habits are. If you make a commitment change - you are changing the bad habits. Good luck boo! You can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete