Friday, February 18, 2011

Web + Log = Blog

Wow! I can't believe I have "followers". Thanks guys! :)

Yesterday went well overall. I had applesauce for breakfast. I knoooooow I need to eat more for breakfast, but its SO hard for me. Some days I do really good, but most days I fail at eating enough. I am just not hungry in the mornings! I went out to lunch with Ethan. I would like to state that he begged me to go to 1. Bdubs 2. Chipotle and 3. Qdoba and I refused all three. I told him if he wanted me to have lunch with him there was one rule: it HAS to be somewhere I can eat decently healthy. So we ended up at Panera. Before you gasp and tell me how going to bread heaven is probably the worst idea on earth....I ate good! I had a small side salad with little to no dressing, a bowl of black bean vegetarian soup, I drank two cups of water, and I ate maybe two bites of my complimentary baguette. I even stayed strong when he ordered a cup of coffee and some ridiculously delicious looking pecan dessert goodie. Go me! ha.

Dinner was fantastic - it was almost 70 degrees here yesterday so Leslie and I decided we just had to grill out. Granted, by the time I actually was able to leave work the sun was pretty much gone and it was more like 60 degrees, but still. We made foil daddies - allow me to explain.

The Foil Daddy:

My dad, when we were little, would always be the "chef" when we went camping. He is a gooooood cook. One time he came up with this idea to take a piece of aluminum foil, put every vegetable known to man inside of it, and lay it on a fire/grill for 2 hours. He self-named them a foil-daddy, and as a family we've eaten them ever since. Mine usually consists of peas, corn, green beans, cabbage, carrots, and whatever other stray vegetable there is lying around (Note: celery is NOT good in this). I season with fresh squeezed tomato juice (b/c I'm spoiled and my mom cans tomato juice. But Campbell's tomato juice will do.), salt/pepper, and worcestershire sauce. Throw in a lean hamburger patty or a piece of chicken, then stick it on the grill for 2-3 hours and let it all sloooooowly cook. It. Is. So. GOOD.

In other news, I've noticed that a lot of you gals following me on here are going through weight loss journey's of your own - Yay!!! I hope we can all encourage each other, especially on down days. Feel free to send me recipes and I'll post some on here from time to time. I had an AHmazing Weight Watchers chili the other day that was SOOOO good. I'll post the recipe on here soon.

Special shout out to Linds today - you're my twin!! She started her own thintervention the same day I did, and she has lost 15 pounds as well, and I can attest first-hand how hard that is. Go Linds, Go!! Miss you and love ya!

Lastly: Did you know that blogs are called "blogs" because the word originates from the two words "web log", and when you say it fast together it sounds like "blog"? I did not know this until yesterday. Win.

Much Love,
Micha

1 comment:

  1. Heck yeah for the shout out! Love ya too!! I would never eat breakfast because I wasn't hungry or felt sick/weird after... BUT it has to be done. Along with downing at least one glass of water immediately after waking up. This is the jump start your body needs after being on standby for 7-8 hours.

    Even though you don't feel hungry, eating that 1 cup of Special K with Red Berries and 1 cup of Skim Milk = a 200 calorie breakfast that will help your body start burning calories faster and more efficiently through out the day! Being hungry 2 hours after your breakfast means it's working and your metabolism has been jump started for the day.

    No fighting on this one, I've been told by countless trainers and health personelle that this is the one rule I must abide by. :)

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend babe! Keep up the good work!

    PS - Qdoba can be done within the healthy eating! There is actually a calorie calculator that you can use to see what each item will add. I get the naked bowl with half the rice, chicken, the tomato and the corn salsa, grilled veggies, and tons of lettuce. It still tastes toally num nums and hits that getting out to a restaurant spot!

    ReplyDelete