Friday, February 25, 2011

Hindsight is 20/20

The subject of this entry is the theme of the week. I'm always learning something after I do it, because I didn't take the time to learn it before. Lesson learned. I posted an article on FB today about healthy food choice options at fast food restaurants. There are actually some not so awful choices out there! Here ya go if you missed it: http://health.yahoo.net/experts/eatthis/7-fast-food-meals-under-350-calories

One of the ironic choices is a grilled chicken wrap from McDonalds. Which was actually my first choice yesterday, then I thought "noooo, Arby's would be a much better choice if I have to do fast food. A nice turkey sandwich." HA. Turns out McDonald's wrap is a full 500 calories LESS than that turkey sandwich. Who knew?

In other new, I had a very late night last night that was sparked by a very loooong day. The Mark Lowry concert was FANtastic. He was sooo funny, even though he was sick. I was talking with Mark after the concert and he looked like he was going to pass out any second. He just got back from South Africa and was exhausted and sick. His manager tried to talk him into not signing autographs, but he went out anyway. I grabbed a fan from my office to give to him, but then we couldn't find a plug anywhere near where he was going to sign. Oh well, I tried.

Funny story: I was wearing my staff backstage pass/badge during the concert stuff. Afterwards, when i was talking to Mark he was staring at the badge, which happened to be hanging at my chest level. And he said, "Wow, that looks good!", then his face froze in horror and he looked at me and said, "I'm looking at my picture on your stage pass - NOT at your chest!!!!!" bahahaha Then he said he wanted a closer look, but didn't want to lean in, for obvious reasons, so I held the pass out so he could look at it. He is so funny, even off-stage, and even having the plague. Overall, it was a great night. We sold just over 1300 seats, so it was almost a full house, and the audience had a ton of energy. A ton. Loved it!!!

Anyway, needless to say I feel sooooo tired this morning. I had worked 40 hours as of yesterday. I'm somewhere close to 50 now. I lost count. Me, Ethan, and a couple other gals from work went to Starbucks this morning for a nice lil' pick-me-up, but it doesn't seem to be helping now. Which reminds me of my other hindsight lesson: I ordered a tall (aka, small) white chocolate mocha. I figured it wasn't healthy, but wasn't evil. And I was right, it wasn't evil. BUT, when I looked up the nutrition info AFTER I drank it, turns out its 410 calories for the regular with whipped cream. But if you order it with non-fat milk and no whip cream? Its only 258 calories. Almost half! I didn't have whipped cream, but had regular milk, so I figure I was around the 350 mark-ish. Not too shabby. And totally worth it. Look how little it is (I am SO used to getting a venti, aka Large, in everything at Starbucks that this just looked abnormal to me. haha).

Anyway, I think my energy level is about a -2 right now, so I feel a nap coming into my future today. My parents are moving tomorrow, so I will be lugging boxes and furniture and who knows what else tomorrow. I'm guessing I will both get a good workout and be sore. Not too bad. Oh, and for those of you who are wondering how did I work off that Arby's tradgedy yesterday? I didn't stop walking and/or moving from about 3:30-7:30 last night prepping for the concert. Pretty sure I burned something! ;)

Tall is Small,
Micha

No comments:

Post a Comment