Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Weekend Update

Well, this turned out to be a really good weekend and I didn't even see it coming! :)

Friday night was crash night. I'm always so exhausted it isn't even funny. So I grabbed my snuggie and some Glee on DVD and cuddled with the dog. My life is just so exciting. Though I did finally get around to using my iTunes gift card that I got for Christmas (I know, right). I spent $25 in like five minutes once I finally sat down and did it. Caught up on my Glee music, and got a bunch of songs that I've been wanting for a long time, including a ton of Bruno Mars. LOVE LOVE LOVE him.

Saturday I slept until I woke up, which was of course noon, and then decided I didn't want to waste my entire day of possible. I decided to throw my new music on the docking station and dance around and clean my apartment. I figured it would burn more calories, dancing is fun, and it made the cleaning seem a little more desirable. The end result? My apartment looks great, and I felt great. Totally broke a sweat dancing. :) Food-wise it was a good day,too. I had yogurt and a piece of skim-milk string cheese for breakfast/lunch. I slept so late breakfast didn't really happen ( bad Micha!) For dinner, I had a bowl of lima beans with two bunless burgers. Voila:


It was super yummy! I am the biggest lima bean fan ever, so I can't resist them. I even made them in my teeny tiny pot in my new purple Paula Deen cookware set:

I had a snack last night,too and then a cup of hot tea before bed. Thats usually my favorite part of the day! My Zija green tea. mmmm.

Today I got up and drove to Cincy with Leslie to go visit Matt. His grandma passed away this week, so he has been in town and will still be in town for a few days before he heads back to NYC. So Les and I drove up to meet him at Max & Erma's for lunch. I did pretty good - had a cup of tortilla soup, a DELISH salad that had green apples and a light balsalmic vinegarette, and drank water. Matt ordered the infamous homemade chocolate chip cookies, and yes I had one. It was toooootally worth it. :)

Once I got home I felt like sitting around in my apartment was pretty pointless. I started to just ignore that feeling, but then I gave myself a mini-pep talk. I've been saying how I need to incorporate exercise, in ANY form, more into my daily routine. So I put my big girl panties on (and by that I mean a sports bra and my Nike's), grabbed the dog, and went on a 30 minute walk. Felt GREAT! I power-walked, so I was really working up a good sweat. We walked all around my apartment complex, then I even took her down to the dog park, which I might add is truly hidden. It was borderline creepy walking down the path to get there. There was a creek there. And by creek, I mean it rained too much one day and there was no drain. Then some trees grew. Then they put up some toys and said "Hey ya'll, its a dog park!". Epic fail. The dog enjoyed the walk WAY more than the park. When we got home she ran to her water dish, then collapsed. Totally out of shape. ha!


For dinner tonight I had a turkey burger on wheat toast, and.....Lima Beans!! ha.


I adore turkey burgers. I season it really good, then I don't really need any condiments. Just some lettuce, and piece of skim milk cheese, and its totally delicious! I made two, so I have one leftover for tomorrow. Speaking of my wheat bread, I have found the BEST wheat bread. I used Spark People (http://www.sparkpeople.com/) all the time for food advice. They had an article on how to buy the correct bread, and voila: Nature's Own Wheat Bread. Its sugar free, only 50 cals a slice, hardly any carbs at all! Its my new love affair. :)

Anyway, thats all for now. Sorry so long. It was a great weekend. Oh, and by the way - had my hair cut/colored last weekend and attempted to take a picture of it:



 I prefer me with darker hair. Doesn't accent my chins as much. ;)

Going to watch some Lord of the Rings now.

Peace, love, and wheat bread,
Micha

2 comments:

  1. Yea for serious walks! My eating plan has me eat within 15 minutes of waking every day. Holy buckets is it a challenge. I mean I can barely keep my eyes open, let alone shove food down then gullet, but I have been doing it, and it does seriously get the metabolism akickin. I usually make a loverly frittata that I Just nuke and eat. While, I'm not usually awake enough to enjoy it when you have second breakfast (yes that is a shout out to the hobbits in the house) it is super duper delicious, and your body can really use it!

    I am by no means an expert, but this is what I have been doing. Keep it up m'lady.

    Kate

    PS. Any thoughts on having a cheat day? or a "high calorie" day as my little book calls it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Kate. :)

    I am trying really, really hard to do better with breakfast. I drink 8 oz. of water first thing every day, mixed with vitamins. I wait about 15 minutes (by that time I'm usually in my office), and then eat something. Today I had applesauce and a bowl of Special K cereal. That, for me, is pretty good. Worst part of this whole process is breakfast. But I will not give up!!

    As far as a "cheat day" goes here's my thoughts: I personally can't bring myself to have an entire cheat day, where I eat worse foods or eat more than I need. Instead, I just let myself give into cravings when I have them. I eat healthy 90% of the time and give in to cravings about 10% of the time. I don't designate a day as 'cheat day'. If I give in and eat a chocolate chip cookie (as I did yesterday!), then I don't feel too badly about it b/c I ate perfectly fine the rest of the day, the day before, and will the day after. I don't feel any guilt about 1 cookie, but I think I would feel a TON of guilt if I had a day where I had McDonald's for breakfast, pizza for lunch, and pasta for dinner - ya know? I had a bunch of friends in college who did some weight-loss program, and I think it was called Body for Life or something like that. Anyway, the entire program was based on eating healthy 6 days a week, and on the 7th day eating whatever you damn well pleased. So.....I say do what works best for you. :) Oh, and another side note - if I DO have that cookie, I take a walk. It burns off a chocolate chip or two. ;)

    ReplyDelete