Tuesday, July 12, 2011

1,000 Degrees

Well hey kids! How goes it? Anybody else ready to cut a bitch because of this heatwave?! I mean, FOR REAL. Yesterday it was like 112 degrees with the heat index. And the thing about Kentucky is that it can never just be hot. No, no. It has to be hot AND humid. I swear the humidity must be at like 90% right now. When I got in my car yesterday it was so hot I couldn't breathe. I had to open all four windows and pray I didn't die before my air conditioner kicked in.

Of all things I decided to go to Zumba last night. I would like to tell the story of me being awesome: My sister called because her air wasn't working and she was dying of heatstroke, so she wanted me to go swimming with her. And at first I said yes, and was internally deciding to forget all previous Zumba intentions. But, after a few minutes of thought I realized that I simply couldn't peace out on exercise for another day. SO, I totally went to Zumba instead! And that is the story of me being awesome. (My apologies if you thought I had something interesting to share...).

Now, I did immediately go to the pool as soon as Zumba ended. It was soooooooo hot last night that it was almost unbearable. Kelly kept giving us extra water breaks, and I went through my bottle of water, then refilled it on my way out and drank it again, and then got home and filled up and drank my huge 32 oz water bottle. And I probably still could have drank another gallon! Woof. The good side is, I'm thinking I probably burned twice as many calories because I sweat sooooo much. And I also worked my tail off because I skipped Zumba all three days last week (for shame), so I felt the need to kick my own ass last night. Success! That badonka-donk girl was back but I was standing safely one row back and four people over, so fortunately she was taking other people out, but I was safe and sound!

Anyway, I just finished eating lunch. It was quite delightful. I had a new Lean Pocket - Chipotle Chicken or something like that. It was totally yummy. Red and green peppers, chicken, corn, onions, all in a chipotle sauce. Yummm. I drank a Diet Dr Pepper with lunch, and I know I should have had water but it just tasted so good!

I think I may weigh-in tomorrow if I can remember to. I'm not sure that I've actually lost weight this week, but maintaining would be nice. We shall see what the results are!

In other news: I am loving me some Matthew Perryman Jones and some Brooke Fraser right now. May I suggest "Last Falling Star" by Matthew, and "Something in the Water" by Brooke. Actually, may I just suggest the entire album by Brooke called "Flags". Ya'll know how I get obsessed! I've recently been listening to Sara Bareilles like its my job, and Brooke is seriously in equal contention now for new favorite person ever. Very similar styles/lyrics/sounds.

Okay. Its too hot to go any further. My lovely long straight hair is now in a ponytail with a headband. Here's hoping I have little to no social interaction until Zumba.

Woof.
Micha

1 comment:

  1. I completely feel you on the heat, Ohio isn't much better and my fat pregnant butt is about to die....with no a/c!!! Just so you know I'm now addicted to your blog and I'm so super proud of you!! I'm actually late taking my daughter to gymnastics now because I decided reading this was more important! Keep it up girl!!

    ReplyDelete