Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Curls and Scales

Dude. Seriously. What is my body? lol  I went ahead with my quasi-weekly weigh-in today, mostly to remind myself that I had a hellrat weekend and today was going to be my quantitative punishment. But no, no. I somehow managed to lose a pound this week. Last week I lost the three pounds I had gained on vacation, so that plus the one pound weight loss this week brings me to 32 lbs.  Dunno how that happened, but I'm not trying to argue! Still slow as molasseses.....molasses.....molasess....syrup. Slow as syrup, but the number is going down, not up. Again, that is really my main goal at this point.

I'd like to go to Zumba tomorrow night. However, it is that-time-of-month and I seem to have small demons chewing on my uterus as recreational activity. I just ate Pamprin like it was a bag of skittles. I reeeeeeaaaaalllllllyyyyyy need to exercise though. And I totally do want to. When I lose weight, even if only a pound, it always serves as a fresh motivator to go make myself do something in the gym. However, the demons and I are gonna have to have a little talk first. Dear Demons: Ima need ya'll to not eat a hole through my uterus during the next 24 hours so that I may continue on with my life and be able to enjoy activities such as Zumba. And walking. And moving. And not crying when I stand, sit, bend, or lie like a statue. Deal? (Ladies, I know ya'll feel me on this one, right?)

So anyway, I suppose that about covers it for today. It is raining outside, which is apparently God's way of telling me to stop blow-drying and straightening my hair in the mornings. I've achieved this task twice this week, and let me tell ya that is amazing. During the summer, you have a better chance of getting a marriage proposal from Brad Pitt than you do of seeing me with straight luscious flowing hair. I have insanely naturally curly hair. It's strange because the older I get the more curly it becomes. In high school it was a little wavy and I could talk it into curls with a little love. In college I was able to wear it curly so long as I didn't touch it or anger it, and the curls would just sort of do their thing. Now, as an adult (because I do not consider myself having been an "adult" in college), my hair is all kinds of curly. Big, thick southern-belle locks, like "Gone With The Wind" style. And I do nothing. I literally step out of the shower, get dressed, and leave. I don't use product, I don't brush it, I don't style it. It just curls. Which is lovely during the summer because its too damn hot to dry my hair anyway. And my hair is thick like a horse, so all of ya'll with thin straight hair who just flip your head over and dry it in five minutes can bite me. Drying my hair requires that I use straightening shampoo, then straightening conditioner, then a leave-in smoothing milk, then blow dry it for 20 minutes with a metal round brush, and then straighten it section by section with a straightening iron, and then pray. And still, generally after about 3-4 hours it starts to flip and wave anyway. I love my long straight hair, but alas the pretty days are few and far between.

Okay, well I have zero idea why I felt the need to share any of that, but kudos to ya'll for sticking with me.

Hells yeah 1 pound,
Micha

1 comment:

  1. Congrats hon. 32 pounds is amazing. Demons chewing on your uterus sounds generally uncomfortable and I can completely understand not really wanting to Zumba with that kind of shenanigans going on. Congrats again though.

    ReplyDelete