Thursday, July 14, 2011

Josh and Harry

Club crackers and black tea with lemon = breakfast of champions. Okay, well, not really but still. Wow - that was just not a sentence at all. "Okay, well, not really but still." I remember when I started my master's degree my first writing professor told me I wrote too "folksy" and need to lean towards writing more "academic". I'm thinking if he read this blog he would straight up die. Thats right. Not just die. Straight up die.

Anyway, lots to write today kids so sit back, relax, and grab a (lite) beer. Lets start with all things Thintervention related. I've managed to eat good this week, have been to Zumba every day, and am tracking my calories. Its funny because I tend to have more "cheat days" now, but I also tend to have little to no trouble getting back to regular days. Mama's growing up kids.

A few pictures for your delight. The first is my dinner from....Tuesday? Sure, Tuesday. I had some lovely tri-color pasta with a dose of light shredded cheese and it was delish. And yes, I measured everything!

The second is my current breakfast of club crackers. Eight of them to be exact, for 140 calories. Whatevs. I'm too tired to care. Again, my cellphone pictures aren't going to win any awards, but I feel the need every now and then to add color to the blog.

Yesterday I ate well during the day....I think? What did I have for lunch?? Hold on........oh yeah! A turkey sandwich and chips. Good grief I'm sad. I went to my sister's house yesterday and the purpose was to weigh-in. I generally weigh-in on Wednesdays. No reason other than my friend Lindsay has Weigh-in Wednesday in her blog and I think that title is delightfully fun. So I weighed-in and it would appear that I have lost another 2 pounds this week, bringing my total to 34 pounds! So yay! I still wish I would get on one week and be down like 6 pounds, Biggest Loser style. However, I have zero intention of working out 9 hours a day, eating only 1,000 calories, and showing my ass wearing only a sports bra on national television. So two pounds it is!On a brighter note, I am only 16 pounds away from having lost 50 pounds. This seems simultaneously impossible and totally achievable. I think "omg 16 pounds.......that SO much!" and then I think "OMG 16 pounds?! Totally can do that! I've already lost twice that much!" You don't want to play in my schizo head. Trust me.

Last night I worked late, and after work Ethan and I went to Raising Cane's. I had never been there before, but several of us were discussing it yesterday and everyone kept saying how great their special sauce was. So we went last night and um - YES. That sauce was SO good. Its a ranchy-barbecuey-worchestershirey-chipotley-yummy goodness sauce. And they had crinkle fries! Win. And garlic bread that was soooo good all dipped in that fattening sauce. I had more than enough calories left for the day so I was able to eat my entire meal and feel totally okay with that. And lets be honest - even if I didn't have the calories left I was gonna eat it because it was just that damn good! Mmmm sauce....

In some non-Thintervention news: Tomorrow, yes tomorrow, I have sixth row seats to see Josh Groban!!!!! I bought the tickets in freaking March so I never thought this day would come. I am OMJ excited! (Thats oh my Josh for all you non-fans). Speaking of non-fans, I just don't get why people hate on him. So many of my college friends take issue with Josh. Calling him "popera boy" and whatnot. But my arguments are this: First of all, he doesn't sing opera. He doesn't even try to sing opera. To the random mcperson walking down the street, I know that anything in a foreign language or that is non-Britney Spears is pretty much opera. This I cannot fight. But to my musically trained friends - he doesn't sing opera! Secondly, I highly doubt the haters have ever really listened to his music. "You Raise Me Up" SO does not count. That is actually my least favorite Josh song. He of course has some cheesy ballads. Hell, Madonna has some cheesy ballads. But overall, his music is great. I own all the CD's, this is my sixth time seeing him in concert, and I heart him. And lastly, for all those music friends who hate him - um, he's a multi-platinum award winning artist who is on a world tour. I think he gets the last laugh here.

Sorry about that. Felt the need to love me some Josh! My friend Becky is coming down this weekend to go to the concert with me, then we're going to see the new Harry Potter film. I need to re-watch Part I of the 7th film before I see Part II though. I also want to re-read all the books. It has literally been 10 years since I read the first book. It is such genious writing, and the movies totally take that away. Granted, the movies are entertaining and all but nothing can get something across like a book can.

Alright, gotta go. Its so early in the day. But my hair looks good.

Did ya'll know that Neville Longbottom is hot now!?
Micha

No comments:

Post a Comment