Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Clothes

Well kids, I have survived another night of Zumba and lived to tell about it!! Actually, I'm starting to notice something - I think I'm catching on! Whaaa???? I mean, don't throw away all your beliefs and start referring to me as Shakira Hughes. But I am starting to pick up the pieces a little bit. I am to the point now where I am able to do most of the steps, though not necessarily do all of them well. I only remember some of the sequencing though. I have reached an odd conclusion on that: The songs that are just random Latin songs that are more beats than definite words, and lack complete familiarity to me I absolutely never remember the sequencing on. But the songs that are just regular songs off the radio -i.e. Lady Gaga, Usher, Gwen Stefani, etc. - I can literally almost do from memory now. Because I know the songs, and I associate the moves with the different parts of the song. I made the observation last night. There is this one song I had never heard before but I absolutely love now, and therefore I have paid attention to the music - the result is that I know that routine,too and am actually better at it. Moral of the story: listen to random ass Latin songs and pay more attention musically. Only a music nerd would go to Zumba and walk away with this conclustion. But hey, I am able to make it through the entire hour and fifteen minute class without dying now, and I would consider that an achievement in itself!

Moving right along...when did I blog last?? Monday?? I'm trying to remember what I've done for food and exercise and all that jazz. On Monday night I had Zumba, then afterwards I was starving (I always am after this class! What gives?!). I came home and decided to make a turkey burger, steamed caulifower, and peas and corn. Voila:

Not gonna lie, it was soooo good! I added some red peppers to the turkey burger, then wrapped it up in a wheat wrap. I have found the BEST whole wheat wraps! Well, my mom found them and bought them for me. But still. They are only 75 calories, and only 9g of carbs per wrap!!! I consider this to be a great achievement in the bread world. So I have ditched bread pretty much all week and replaced it with these awesome wraps. I've had turkey burgers on them twice, and even had peanut butter on them last night. I want to buy some bananas at the grocery this week and fill the wrap with bananas and peanut butter, and a tsp of honey - I am thinking this will be so delish it will blow my mind. The plan is of course to use 95% bananas, and like 5% honey and PB just for the flavor. Last night for dinner I was exhausted after night two of Zumba class, so I had a can of Progresso Light soup, only 60 calories for the entire can. Granted, it didn't exactly taste like it was made by a chef. But it was totally edible, and quite frankly I was too tired to care. I had the leftover turkey burger for lunch yesterday, and couldn't really fathom firing up the George Foreman grill again. And by "firing up" I mean plugging in. Regardless, I ate the can of soup, and with it had wheat tortilla's with a tbsp of peanut butter spread between them. It was actually somewhat tasty! I drank my huge 32 ounce water bottle, and that was that.

 I've already had breakfast this morning: 8 UNsalted saltines with cheese. Have you ever heard of unsalted saltines? I hadn't! But I have now, and they taste perfectly fine to me so I am making the switch forever. I think they still have that specific taste that one craves when eating saltine crackers, but with less than half the salt. Woowoo! Perhaps not the breakfast of champions, but food nonetheless, and I drank it with a 20 oz bottle of water.

Now, you may be wondering why is the subject of this entry "clothes", when all I am talking about is Zumba, food, and albino crackers? Well, I'll tell you. This morning it is cold outside (boooo May!), so I actually had to give in and wear long sleeves. Its a thin purple sweater that I've owned forever. When I first put it on, I had this fairytale dream that it would be soooo big since I haven't worn it since winter, and that I'd be all "Ooooo, look I'm too small for this!". Nope. Not the case. Now, don't get it twisted - the sweater IS much more loose. Especially in the middle area. And my jeans are actually so big now, that I have to hold them with one hand when I walk, especially up/down stairs, or they just fall off. Literally. Fall. Off. (there may or may not be a story there....). Um, ANYway, at first I was super disappointed. I have lost 25 freaking pounds, why am I not swimming in my sweater like I'm tryin' to cross the Pond?! But then, I reached the most startling realization. Before, I was wearing my clothes so very very TIGHT. They were, in all reality, too small for me. I was sucking myself into my jeans, and pulling them up high enough to hopefully hide my mid-section so I could wear my tight ass sweater with them. I just simply could not bring myself to go up a size. It was such a defeat. So I stayed in the same size, when in all actuality I really was wearing tight fitting clothes and being that girl.

Woof. What a realization. I started ticking off my wardrobe in my head, and realized I did this in most everything. So yes, things are lose now but they are not falling off (except my jeans???). So its like a strange little form of progress. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it either. Thoughts?

Well, on that note I need to go begin my day from hell. My to-do list is as long as my Zumba shaking leg. Should be swell!!

Swim in the ocean, not in clothes.
Micha

1 comment:

  1. Hold the phone there. Your Zumba is an hour and fifteen minutes long? Holy cow! I've only ever done it for 50 minutes, and I almost DIED. You. Rock.

    ReplyDelete