Thursday, May 19, 2011

Wishy Washy

Me? Mood Swings? Noooooo.........*cricket*

So, today has been interesting. I've eaten healthy for breakfast and lunch, have Zumba class tonight, and am wearing a cute new dress. So I should be super happy like Barney, right? Well, instead I'm focusing way too much on what I don't see. I feel like I should have lost more weight right now, and after thoughtful consideration I realized I can be angry with no one but myself, ya know? I have had a LOT of "I don't care" days, non-exercise days, cheat meals, etc. And I am just like stuck in stone at 25 pounds. I haven't lost any weight in like 2 1/2 weeks.



My friend Lindsay posted some before and after pics today and she deserves a huge shout out because she looks AMAZING. Absolutely beautiful. She literally looks like half of herself. YAY LINDS!! I Love you and miss you!!!!

Now, whilst viewing this beautiful woman that she is becoming, I realized I still look like I just started. Linds - what is your secret?? What do you eat?! What is your workout?! Please, do tell! :) And to make matters soooo much worse, I just spent the last 30 minutes viewing pictures of myself from last weekend and I am not kidding - I looked terrible. I mean, I felt like I looked worse in these pictures than I did before this whole process began. And I know I have had lots of bad days, but also lots of good days. So WHY WHY WHY after 5 months do I still look/feel like this? I should be practically a new woman by now. Ugggggh. I am having one of those moments where I don't even want to go in public. And may not.

These ups and downs are wearing me out! I've had a fantastic week, now a rougher than hell day - who knows what tomorrow is! I think that I am somewhat justified though. I mean, when you work hard at something for 5 months, you expect to see results. Like, if you spent 5 months writing a paper and then realized you only had 2 pages ready to turn in - wouldn't you feel frustrated?

The sun'll come out.....tomorrow
Micha

5 comments:

  1. Who says you should be where? Shoulda, woulda, coulda! Be happy with where you are. You have come so far! Keep at it chicky poo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dearest Micha,
    Thanks for the shout out babe!! I don’t post to brag, but to inspire and help anyone else who’s been where we have. Also, I am the moodiest person I know. Especially right now, I cried today. I’m happy yet I cried. We are women; these constant ups and downs are a fact of life. So now that that is out of the way, let’s attack your doubts, fears, aggression and disappointment.
    Having off days are fine, they happen to you, me, Beyonce and Britney. But when those off days start to occur more often than not, or when you get to a point where you tell yourself “It’s ok to be a bit lax today because I’ll make up for it tomorrow”, that’s when you need to start analyzing if you head is in the game. I really focus on making sure my meals are planned ahead of time to ensure I don’t go overboard in my calories for the day. That also means planning my workouts in advance as well.
    On a side note, our bodies plateau, you know this; we’ve seen it on The Biggest Loser and other weight loss stories. Your body gets to a point where it understands what you are doing and says, fine, I’m performing to the effort you are putting in. The key to getting past this plateau is to work harder, to be stricter, and to make smarter choices. You need to start working harder than you are… grr I know!
    Back to your post… this was your way of beating yourself up. Get your head in the game by knowing you need to beat those numbers, and not beat yourself up mentally. Yes, my post was focused on pictures and the truths they tell, but you are overanalyzing and hyper focusing on “seeing” something instead of feeling it. You DON’T look how you started, I can see it. The hardest person to convince that you are on the right path is yourself. I literally didn’t see the changes in myself until I posted those photos. I had no idea I looked so different because I saw myself every day. Believe me when I say that I can see those 25 gone from your face and body.
    I love all the progress you’ve made with zumba and getting those cardio work outs in. Unfortunately, from speaking with my trainer, it’s becoming apparent that we need to be working out 3 times a week weight resistance training on top of the cardio five times a week. That weight training is going to build muscles that will double your body’s ability to burn calories. My advice at this point is to scour craigslist or stop by a local gym to see if anyone does training sessions in your area. I know that you are broke as I am but that money is well spent because you get a session with a professional that you can repeat on your own the rest of the month, three times a week, every other day. If you can train once a month with someone and be able to do the routine on your own you will be that much better off.
    How many calories is your daily app. telling you to eat a day and do you have it set for “sedentary” for your lifestyle?
    PS – When you are having one of those weeks like you did last, where it is so crazy you don’t have time to blink? Those are the weeks that my being able to control my diet balances out the crazy. I stay sane by taking two minutes to make sure my body has what it needs to burn as much of my fat as possible. Don’t let work interfere with your snacks and meals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsay - PLEASE move to Kentucky!!!!!!!!!!! I neeeeeeeeeeeed you!!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, and also: I am eating right at or just barely under my daily calories that I need in order to lose weight - this is based off of my height, weight, age, sex, and being mostly sedentary for 8 hours a day at work. So I really truly think I need to start focusing more on muscle toning/ weight training because I do ZERO of that! And I know you're super awesome at it - what types of weight exercises do you do? I am so clueless, which is why I never do it. I don't know if I'm helping myself or hurting myself half the time. Zumba is uber cardio focused, but I do have some tightening in my waistline. Tips for more weight oriented stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Micha - don't be discouraged - it takes time to lose weight. I know you said you didn't want to count calories before, but maybe that would help? I know that when you work out more you tend to want to eat more. Are you sure you're not doing that? The exercise is great - keep it up, but I recommend a food journal and start counting calories. You'll have less "cheat" days if you're writing everything down. Also - everyone has mood swings and everyone has days when they feel gross. Go get a pedicure or a haircut or buy some new make up or new shoes. I promise they work. :)

    ReplyDelete