Monday, May 16, 2011

Is that a smile I see?

Okay, I promise this post will not be as "uplifting" as the previous one. I had a nice, refreshing weekend and I feel much better today!! And I of course come bearing more stories.

So after the week from hell, on Saturday I had my sister Anissa's wedding (the wedding that I was attempting to learn that song for). Leslie and I got up and went down early to help decorate. We drove through a freaking monsoon the entire way there, and with my bad mood carried over from Friday it was gonna take a miracle for me to get through the day without slapping someone. As it turned out though, the day was a LOT of fun!! We had fun decorating the cake and putting out all the flowers and decorating. The ceremony was pretty, and I sang my song......dun dun dun. It actually was totally fine! I managed to learn it (sometimes I think I learn better under stress), and sing it. Apparently I missed this, but people teared up while I sang so that's always a good sign of approval. Well, unless they tear up because you're so foul, but I do not believe that to be the case this time. Wait....what?

ANYway, after the ceremony for the reception we basically just had a big family cookout. It was very relaxing, fun, and just what I needed! We ate ourselves silly, then had cake and dancing. Most people dwindled out and left but Leslie and I stayed and we had an impromptu dance party in the kitchen. Ha! My nephews were all there and a few other people, so we cranked up any dance song we could find and had at it. Oh, side note: Earlier during the reception, Usher's "DJ Got Us Falling In Love" was playing, so I proceeded to teach Zumba routine to this song to my mom, Anissa, and Caleb's girlfriend Amanda - it was HAlarious. Leslie filmed the entire thing (and has been threatened with death should she ever share it), and on playback my mom's attempt at Zumba absolutely cracked me up. She was flailing her arms and screaming "Woohoo!!" and shaking her hips - oh my gosh, you just have no idea how fabulous it was. lol And what is REALLY scary?! That 1. I know my Zumba routines well enough to teach them (We did one to Usher, one to a Pitbull song, and one to a Lady Gaga song, all of which I do in class), and 2. That I am the one teaching them!!! Who would have thought two months ago that of all the people in the room I would be the best option to teach 3 Zumba routines?! hahaha I was definitely sweating when we were done, as I do not normally do Zumba in a dress with my hair in curls. Leslie just stood in the corner and "Hell to the naw'd" while we danced. She was not trying to hear that.

Anyway, we got home around 12 or 1AM, and I crashed. Then yesterday morning my phone rings while I'm asleep and it's my dad. He tells me they are almost to my apartment and are taking me to get gas, buy groceries, go get a bathing suit, and to get out of bed and look like something. HA! I was totally asleep and had no idea what was going on and had to make him repeat it all - even then I barely grasped. So I rolled out of bed, got dressed, made myself "look like something" and there they came! We went to pick up Leslie, and the plan was to go to Kroger's first.  I say "plan" because that implies that said plan did not happent. MmmmHmm. We are driving out of Leslie's street, cleared about 200 yards, and we see a yardsale. Mom, Leslie and I all screamed and Dad very quietly said, "oh no" as Leslie proceeded to slam on the brakes, do a full out U-turn and guides us back to the garage sale. We got out of the car and literally ran to the sale - I can only assume the people who lived there though "Mmm no - we don't want any crazy today."

We get up there, and Leslie quickly discovers every item they are selling matches the decor in her house exactly - and it was NICE stuff. She lives in an uber nice neighborhood, so people who have yard sales there don't play. The stuff they get rid of is the stuff I aspire to afford. Sad, but true. So, Leslie bought EVERYTHING they had. I'm not kidding. Not even a lil' bit. She cleared their driveway, and the tables inside. So much so that she had to put the seats down in her SUV - her very LARGE SUV mind you - and then we wouldn't fit in the car. So we had to very sheepishly/proudly ask the house owners if we could chill in their driveway while Les and Aaron drove the stuff back to her house and emptied the car out. I mean, who goes to a yard sale and has to sit in the people's driveway while someone takes the crap home?! LOL And that isn't even the worst part! While Les and Aaron took the stuff home, mom and dad and I stayed at the yardsale. So what happens? Mom and dad start shopping and buy the few items left! Then Leslie comes back and we had to fill the car up AGAIN. Then Les decided to go ahead and buy the table she had been eyeing the first time (granted, mostly because I made her) and literally the people had nothing left. They said we were the best sale they had all weekend.  Well yeah - when you make more in one sale than I make in one week? I'm sure we were their favorite people EVER.

After about 2 hours of this detour, we then realized the mall was closing at 6 and decided to go there first. Thus began the task of purchasing new bras and a bathing suit, which after last week's process I was NOT looking forward to at ALL. Mom and I went to Lane Bryant, who now carries bathing suits in the store and they were all actually super cute. However, the first 10 or so I tried on were simply tragic. Like, really really tragic. I actually put one on, and the strap snapped off in retaliation. So I started having flashbacks of last week and was getting really upset. But finally after much deliberation: I FOUND A BATHING SUIT! It actually makes my boobs look small (I know, right? Miracle) and its cut like a 1940's pinup girl - you know the style?? Well anyway, it was definitely the best option so we went for that. AND my mom found the most gorgeous sundress EVER that is purples and paisleys, and she made the mistake of telling me to try it on - and it fit - and i loved it - mmmhmm. :) Oh....and I may or may not have found the most AMAZING purple shoes EVER EVER EVER. I'll have to take a pic of them. I die.

So I was all happy and ready to leave, when mom reminded me we still had bras to go. Woof. My high immediately went low again as I stared at the floor to ceiling wall of options. I didn't even know where to begin, so we nabbed a sales girl and I asked her to do a bra fitting for me. She measured me, and much to my surprise I was a full 2 inches smaller around than I had even considered looking at! So she took over and all I had to do was stand in the fitting room and she whisked away to pull sizes. the very first one I put on fit PERFECT. It has been quite some time since I have seen my boobs sit where they should! ha I put my shirt on to test it out, and my shirt was loser automatically just because I was wearing the right fit bra! It was amazing. So I bought one in each color of course. :) My mom and I were checking out, and she said "I know you needed this lift of spirits. I'm glad to see you smiling." She is such a good momma. And she's right - I did need it, and after a successful bathing suit and a successful bra fitting, its hard not to feel brighter. :)

We went to the grocery afterward and I stocked up on uber healthy foods and fresh veggies and lots of wheat things. ha So I am re-juvenated for Thintervention now. This weekend was truly what I needed - quality time with my family, shopping with my momma, a few things to remind me I am making progress, some healthy food, and more laughter than I could ever share in one blog post. (because trust me, I have left out like fifty eleven stories, but I ain't got time).

I guess I should work now, huh?
Micha

1 comment: