Monday, May 2, 2011

Does this whopper make me look fat?

Why hello there Monday. There is so much to cover from this weekend, and I'm not just talkin' food! (though, it was somewhat of a rough weekend food-wise).

Friday night I did what any single girl in her twenties was doing - watching my DVR recording of the Royal Wedding. Woowoo!! Don't act like you didn't at least check out the fairytale for a few minutes! Or, if you are at all like me, you DVR'd it, watched it in it's entirety, then switched to CNN and snuggled up with the dog and watched the replay.....twice. I was not even an avid royal wedding fan, and I certainly was not taking part in all the craziness leading up to it. At best I wanted to see her dress. But then something magical happened when I started watching. I became totally entranced by the fairytale!! The wedding was gorgeous, she looked absolutely stunning, and the pomp & circumstance that was taking place was beyond words. And, being the nerd that I am my favorite part: the choral pieces during the ceremony!! Did anyone else nerd out and totally tear up during that John Rutter piece?! Or even during the second piece that was by that unknown (soon to be well known) composer? The choir was stunning, pitch perfect, 8+ part harmonies....wow. The music was stunning.

After I finished nerding out, I did the other thing that every single gal in her twenties did....watched the Lifetime movie interpretation of "William and Kate". It was everything I dreamed it would be for a Lifetime movie - bad acting, a terrible script, the actors portraying the royals looked NOTHING like them, absolutely lacking in plot, and above all else - fabulous. I couldn't turn the channel. So I watched it, then flipped over the CNN to watch the wedding again. I fell asleep sometime around 3AM when they were about to kiss on the balcony for a second time (Ohhhh snap!)

Then came Saturday. My mom came into town to go shopping, so I got up and took a shower and dried my hair (with CNN showing wedding highlights in the background. What?). We went to grab Leslie, then we went to Kohl's. I have no money, but my mom and sister bought me some new PJ pants and a pretty purple water bottle. Probably more so because I'm pathetic than any other reason! After shopping, we went to Hacienda for dinner. I did not even make an attempt to eat healthy here. I mean, it IS Mexican food so my options weren't exactly plentiful. So I decided it would just be a cheat meal and that was that. So I ordered enchiladas covered in white queso dip. And a side of white queso dip just to dip my tortilla chips in. And rice. And beans. And a Diet Pepsi. Ooops??

Moving right along...Sunday I had EVERY intention of working out. I swear I did. (Sidenote: On Saturday my "workout" was cleaning my apartment, then having a mini-dance party which may or may not have taken place in my tighty whities.) Um, anyway....Sunday I meant to work out. But I failed. I did wake up and make a nice healthy breakfast for myself. I had scrambled eggs, 2 % cheese, and a tsp of bacon bits all wrapped in wheat tortillas. It was sooooooo yummy!! The bacon bits were such a great substitute for having bacon, and I just wanted the teensiest  taste.


After that the day went downhill. I was sooooo lazy. I spent most of the day catching up on my DVR and/or laying in bed surfing the internet. By 7:15 I pretty much committed to and owned the fact that the gym wasn't going to happen. Woof. So like a nice good girl, I made a super healthy dinner, did a home workout video, drank 32 ounces of water and went to bed. Oh WAIT....that's what happened in the parallel universe where the GOOD Micha lives. My bad. The regular sorry-ass Micha in our universe went to Burger King and had a whopper with cheese, french fries, and a large Sprite, didn't exercise at all, and was up until 3AM this morning. I'm sorry, did I start this story with "Once upon a time..."? Again, my bad.

So yeah, Sunday was a total and complete failure. I haven't had fast food in months. Haven't even thought about it. But I really wanted it last night, and I decided not to torture myself and just to go get it. And that is that. Today I had my special K for breakfast (I know you totally didn't see that coming), a Healthy Choice Steamer for lunch, have drank 32 ounces of water, and I have Zumba tonight. For reals - no tricks this time. I even went home on my lunch break and packed my Zumba bag. It's hard to tell which Micha is coming to play these days. ;)

As a result of this weekend's excursion I am now having a fat day. I understand the logistics. I did not, I repeat: DID NOT gain my 25 pounds back this weekend because I had Mexican and Burger King. (wow. hurts to type that actually...) And I understand that I look exactly the same today as I did last week when I was all happy and posting pictures and off to save the world one fat person at a time. But nonetheless, I'm having a fat day. And to be fair, I'm sure I am full of fluid and looking a smidge fouler than normal because of all the salt intake. It happens. The important thing is I am back to my normal self today and my wild hell rat of a weekend is now in the past.

And lastly, I would like to at least acknowledge the elephant in the room: Osama Bin Laden is dead. Hooray!!! I watched all the coverage live last night, from the nail-biting moment that the White House broke in and said they had an announcement, all the way until 3AM when I was falling asleep to the soothing sounds of Wolf Blitzer telling it like it is. Truly an historical moment. Regardless of political affiliation, this is a moment. Speaking of, HAlarious side note - our intern was here today and we were of course discussing the water cooler topic of the day - aka bin Laden - and he asked what party I associate myself with. I opened my mouth simply to say I'd prefer not to discuss politics at work, ESPECIALLY in a work place where I am in the political minority, and before I could answer he goes, "Oh, nevermind. You're one of those musician-y artsy type people. Of course you're an extreme liberal." BAHAHAHA How lovely to see stereotypes working at their hardest and brighest.

Fat days end too,
Micha

2 comments:

  1. I, too, was obsessed with the Wedding after the fact. Both of her dresses spoke to me, she was beautiful :) I also now have developed an unhealthy Prince Harry envy... his gf looked like a total wreck, I've looked better while I'm on period and struck down with a killer flu... I should totally be the next girl PH looks to, I'm hot now ;)

    I'm not gonna comment on the Burger King/Mexican meals... I'm sure you're beating yourself up enough for the both of us. I have a blog that I recently read a post on in regards to having "fat days" or "feeling fat" based off of things you ate and how they really should be "I feel guilty days"... the blog totally says it better and I will feature it in my next post so you can read it :)

    Keep up the hard work girl! I just mentioned you in my last post and linked to yours as well, hope you don't mind a few extra eyes following your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you fall off, just get back on again. Every day is a new day!

    ReplyDelete