Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Pictures!!

I realized today after that loooong post yesterday I failed to post any documentation. So today shall be a picture post - pics of the yardsale excursion, a few pics of the wedding, and first some pics of food. :)

After a weekend of wedding food and homecooked meals I've had to jump back on the bandwagon so to speak. Yesterday for breakfast I had a thing of yogurt and a lovely breakfast bar. The breakfast bars are 190 calories for two (they come in pairs), and though this is a little more than I like to spare for breakfast bars they are super delish and quite filling. I also had a cup of coffee with the most amazing creamer I have ever had. Ever. Whtie Chocolate Macademia Nut - omg. Buy it.

Lunch yesterday was surprisingly good. I had one of the new Lean Cuisine - Southerwestern Style Chicken Rolls. The pic I nabbed with my cell phone makes them look huge, but they in reality are about the size of a finger. But with a big ol' plate of broccoli they make quite a yummy lunch for only 200 cals! Please ignore the river of ranch dressing - I did NOT eat all that. My stupid bottle of ranch doesn't have a nice convenient easy-squeeze top. Instead, its a big gaping hole like its 1985 and we don't know no better. So when I tipped it to pour out a little ranch, a monsoon of ranch came out instead.

Sooo good! Last night I went to Zumba. Now normally what would proceed is me telling you all how I huffed and puffed and blew the house down then died. However, last night was SO not that. We had a guest instructor - our regular instructor is out of town for 2 weeks apparently. I have decided this is both a blessing and a curse. The reason being: our guest instructor was SOOOOOO easy! She did mostly the same songs, but without any pop hits - just all Zumba/Latin stuff - and the routines (to me at least) were nothing like what we normally do. I immediately realized that I am not crazy - Kelly (our regular) really is a Zumba beast!! Because when she teaches, I die. I mean, I like it - but I die. The routines are fast moving, high impact, crazy cardio, err'body in the club gettin' winded. But with new homegirl, I felt like I was taking a Sunday stroll through the park compared to what I normally do! Now don't get it twisted - I was totally sweating, and it was indeed a workout. But I was also completely able to do everything, never once felt like I was going to die, and actually at times found myself a little....bored. So blessing: I won't die in the next two weeks. Curse: I may  only be burning like 1/4 of the calories I normally do. Not sure!

Anyway, after Zumba, I came home and had a delightful dinner. I bought a bunch of new "toys" at the grocery this weekend - and by toys I mean new foods. :) They were things that I had seen on my friend Lindsay's blog and she motivated me to try them! One was these whole-grain/whole-wheat sandwich things. Instead of eating a sandwich on regular bread, these thin little things are actually good! I toasted mine then put honey roasted turkey and 2 % cheese on, and had some baked Lays and some more fresh broccoli (again - pleading the damn 5th on the 18 pounds of ranch dressing in the picture).
The sandwich was super yummy, and I totally love the new baked Lays! Last time I had Southwestern Ranch style and they were a bit too spicy for my style. So this time I went with some time of Parmesean blend, and they are perfection. In all honesty, I will probably have this exact meal for lunch today! I ended up being hungry later on last night (because even low-impact Zumba apparently makes me a hungry beast), so again I pulled a suggestion from the Lindsay book. Only I tweaked it slightly! Her snack is to have a small bagel (slightly larger than bite-sized) with peanut butter and banana. So whilst at the grocery, this is what I grabbed first. Well then I thought instead of small, i would get regular sized bagels but whole-wheat. I then looked at them and nearly choked when I realized they are 240 calories EACH. I ain't tryin' to waste 240 calories on bread alone. So I was going to forgo the entire snack, but then dug around the bread aisle and found my new dream: Bagel Thins. Everyboday say Heeeeeeey, Hooooooooo! These are FULL size bagels, whole wheat, BUT they are half the thickness - hence why they are thins. They're more the thickness of a piece of bread rather than a whole bagel. Best part? 100 calories for the entire bagel. I feel like I'm having a real bagel and saved allll those calories! I toasted one up right nice last night and the result? Tastes exactly like eating a bagel and I totally didn't even notice or care it was thinner. Voila:

So. In. Love. Now little mignons - run out and buy some right now! But not before you gaze at my remaining pictures. First, a small documentation of the insanity that was yesterday's yardsale excursion. (Confused? Read yesterday's post. You should read my blog regularly ANYway! MM!). I feel these do not need captions.


Also, here are some links to my new bathing suit and new purple sandals (I'm too lazy to lay them out all pretty and take pics at home. Plus the suit looks better on a human). I got the black/white polka dot design in the suit so you'll have to click on that one to see what mine looks like. :)

My New Bathing Suit

My Pretty Purple Sandals



And now, a sampling of some wedding pics. My adorable parents, me with my adorable parents, the cake that my mom made and we decorated, my piano perch where my epic song took place, and my personal favorite of Leslie laying on the floor trying to melt chocolate in the microwave that was on the floor because we ran out of counter space. Enjoy!






I plead the fifth on the last one,
Micha

1 comment:

  1. Haha, Micha, I don't eat regular bagels, I'm already a Bagel Thin fan!!! I should have told you about those when I did about the Sandwich Thins!! Sorry!

    I meant to comment on your past two posts in regards to all your recent trials and tribulations. I'm sorry I haven't found time til today :(

    That was a super rough patch, and you made it through! You gained some valuable information about yourself too. You learned that your hard work is paying off, and while it may not seem like it day to day, in the end, the results are there. Hence the smaller bra!

    I too still dread the bathing suit shopping. BUT like you, have found that Lane has some pretty darn cute suits that fit us plus size girls! I NEVER buy anything online unless I've already tried it on in the store. Too often now stores sizes are running along the vanity sizes and make shopping online completely pointless. PLUS do you feel the same satisfaction in buying something online as you do in the store? That instant gratification you get walking out with your purchases in hand is sooo much better than an online purchase that you have to wait days for. Sometimes they have to happen, but I totally recommend in store shopping especially as you go through this journey. It's a reward and builds your confident to see your body shrinking.

    Great job, the wedding looked like so much fun and I miss you. Don't doubt yourself or your choices. The past is past and all you can do is move forward and zumba!

    Muah!

    ReplyDelete