Monday, June 6, 2011

Ask and ye shall receive

Okay, so it has been so long since I've posted that I had to stop for a minute and think about what my password was. Thats just sad. But i just HAD to post today because everyone keeps asking me to! lol I feel so loved ya'll!

So yes, I have been MIA. Life got crazy these last couple of weeks. I finally got tired of posting about how insanely insane work has been, but never fear - it did not slow down in the least. I think it actually got worse. But I have officially now survived my first Youth Choir Dinner Theater and Youth Choir Tour. Puh-Raise-HIM. There are no words to express my joy at surviving the last 2 months. None.

Anyway, I also skipped Zumba the last two weeks, and I find that when I skip Zumba I sort of skip everything else - I stopped blogging, didn't eat so great, etc. It's like if I don't exercise, I am "allowed" to eat bad because I'm not technically counteracting anything. That is just sad to say, but true. Now to be fair, I skipped it last week for good reason - I had a sunburn the size of Texas that literally turned my body into a lobster. I was in sooooo much pain. Couldn't even lift my arms above my head, and I think we all know that Zumba would require a teensy  bit more than that. My sunburn healed somewhat nicely, although I went back to the pool this weekend and got a little burned again. I think I may have one of two things - a learning disability, or a sun allergy. Jury is still out. But the pool is literally in my "backyard". I use quotes because I of course live in an apartment complex, so the pool is not mine per se, but rather part of my amenities. And its great because it is never crowded. Granted, the group there is generally ghetto-fabulous. No. Really. There are these four hoodthangs that sit in the corner with food from Sam's Club and sell it to people walking by. Hey, more power to them - no one has shut them down yet, they entertain me with their banter, and they seem harmless. And chips are better than drugs! Okay...so maybe living in NYC for a year jaded me just a TAD more than I realized....

Well anyway...this weekend was fun! I went to my aunt and uncles 50th anniversary party on Saturday after spending the day at the pool. I got to see all my cousins, which is always a great time. My family is SOOOooo big. I always tell people that, and people hear me say that, but I don't think they really truly hear me: My family is HUGE. Ginormous. Ridonculous. GIANT. As in, I meet new people at every reunion. And at least a dozen people came up to me and hugged me and greeted me by name, and I had zero idea who they were. And now we've got so many new babies/kids it's like a whole new generation to keep up with! I'm the youngest of the first cousins, which is saying something because there are like 50 first cousins. No. Really. There are only 8 brothers/sisters left now of my dad's (only in my family can you say "only" 8), but our get togethers are still huge. I was sitting there Saturday, thinking that first of all not even half the family was there. And second, it was still packed - its amazing to think that my little Mamaw and Pappaw Hughes started this gigantic family. I love my family so much,too. Its crazy. Even when they're crazy, family is still so important to me. Highlight of my day: Seeing my Aunt Faye, who is 77 years old, DANCE like a fool the entire party!! LOL She cracks me up. She for real has more energy than me and all the cousins and grandkids combined. (Sidebar: She alone has 18  grandchildren. 18!!!) She said she starts every day by crawling army style around her house to get her blood flowing, then dances and reads her Bible. I love me some Aunt Faye. :)

So as I sit here chugging my welfare size cup of iced coffee, freshly made in my Keurig, I'm realizing that it is only 10AM. I got up at 5:30 this morning to drag myself over to my sister's house. She has to work in Cincy for the next month or so, and is doing some traveling back and forth. She had an early meeting this morning so had to leave Lexington by 6AM at the latest, and that was too early to take Colin to school. So I got up and went over to her house so she could leave, and stayed with Colin. I got him up and took him to school this morning, then came back to my apartment and showered and got ready for work. So its only 10AM now, and I've already been up for hours. I don't understand morning people. Why would you be a morning person? Nothing about today was appealing. I downright wanted to bitchslap the birds this morning.

On a happier final note: I went shopping yesterday with my momma. We had coupons for Lane Bryant from the bathing suit/bra excursion a few weeks ago, so of course we HAD to use them. It's practically sinful not to buy things when you have a coupon! (at least if you're a Hughes girl it is). Anyway, I know that Thintervention has blown chunks the last couple weeks, so honestly I haven't weighed and didn't want to really shop and try clothes on because well...woof. So when I got to the store, I by habit grabbed the largest size in everything I picked up. Because last summer, even the larger sizes were tight, if they even fit at all. But much to my surprise, when I got in the fitting room everything was WAY too big. I had to give it all back to mom one piece at a time and have her go hunt down smaller sizes. Some things fit different than others, but overall about 75% of what I bought had to be one or two sizes smaller. And I bought a pair of capris that were three sizes smaller (granted, they are stretchy, but who's counting??) So it was nice to try on some clothes and buy some pretty clothes. I ended up with 2 dresses, a skirt, two little shrugs, three or four tops, a pair of jean crops and a pair of black crops. Heck yeah vacation clothes! :)

Speaking of vacation - guess who will have her toes in the sand in only FIVE days? That's right. This girl. Definitely motivation to Zumba it up this week!!

Back to my welfare size coffee,
Micha

No comments:

Post a Comment