Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Damage Control

Though the phrase "damage control" could apply to many things, I am specifically talking about post-vacation weigh-in. Holy crud. I gained 3 lbs while away on vacay. Though it could have truly been much worse considering the apocalyptic amount of eating that took place combined with the complete and utter disregard for exercise. But boooooo to you gaining 3 lbs. :( I'm back on track though, so hopefully this is some extra water weight and I can work it all off over the next week. I had a good breakfast this morning. My lunch was low in calories, but not necessarily the best options - peanut butter on crackers. I know that is a most pathetic lunch, but I had just weighed like 5 minutes before, so I had absolutely zero desire to eat. I'm going to make turkey burgers and fresh veggies for dinner tonight though so I'll be very well fed. I'm right on track for calories for today so far. And I totally went to Zumba last night!!!

So I was a teensy bit late because I had to wait on a DVD to finish burning to take to our instructor. When I got there the first song had just started. Let me tell ya - trying to walk across a gym full of 150 women dancing Zumba to Usher? Um, death sentence. I was trying to dart lightly, but every 3 feet I almost got bitchslapped. Granted, they were not purposely trying to take me out, but nonetheless they did. Then right as I was sitting my water bottle and keys down and ready to pounce onto the floor they started the big hip-shake move. I swear on my life I thought I was going to be taken out by this woman in the back row. She redefines hip-shaking. I just saw ass coming towards me when I stood up and I didn't know what to do so I ran! I managed to find Corina mid-dance on the floor and squeezed into a tight little spot between her and April and jumped right into the dance. I worked my butt off,too! I sweat sooooo much. I could handle all of Kelly's songs, but we had a guest instructor who did three songs with us. Let me paint ya another picture:

This girl was not Latina, but she could MOVE. Oh Em Gee could she move. We danced to some ghetto fabulous song about some rapper trying to find him a booty friend on myspace (aka, every rap song you've ever heard...), so the dance was really a hip-hop dance more so than a Zumba dance. And I think that is what threw me off so badly. I have mastered the cha cha, meringue, salsa, the rumba. But homegirl was straight up hip-hop dancing and her body was moving in ways I've only seen when Beyonce threw it down at the VMA's a couple years ago. (sidebar, you should totally youtube that performance). Anyway, rapper dude was making him some frindz and err'body was happy and all was well. Then came this part where she wanted us to do this kick thing, bounce to the side throw our hands up and then twist our hips in a MOST sensual way. I was barely hanging on by a thread and was considering just laughing when April, who was standing next to me, just flat out stopped moving looked at me and said "I ain't feeling that." BAHahahaha She just said what every woman in the room was thinking. I mean, the dance was totally fun and I'm sure we'll do it again. But when you have ShanaynayBonquisha booty on the stage, and RuthAnnAmish hips on the dance floor the math just don't add up ya'll. Woof.

On that lovely note, I'm gonna head out for now. More Zumba tomorrow kids!

Dear 3 lbs - eat me.
Love,
Micha

No comments:

Post a Comment