Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Well hey ya'll!

Okay I went back to Zumba last night. I didn't die as much as I thought I would, but it wasn't easy either. I still remembered all of the dances, but she threw in two or three new ones that I had never done. I was quasi-impressed with myself though in the sense that I was able to learn them really fast and actually keep up instead of standing there and waving my arms like a banshee. But don't get it twisted - I was dripping with sweat, more than I ever have during Zumba class. I literally thought I was going to pass out. But I just kept chugging water and I survived. Our regular instructor was finally back from vacation, so that was a welcome sight. Though I adored the authentic Latina woman, Kelly is much more my speed. :) Oh! And random note - when I got there I walked in and one of the girls I used to work with at Our House was there (Corina). I had seen her facebook status talking about Zumba, but never imagined she would be at MY Zumba. So it was good to catch up with her, and since Laura couldn't go to Zumba last night I had a buddy. :) Yay! I came home afterwards and had a Lean Cuisine panini which was actually super good, and some left over veggies from a foil daddy from our weekend excursions.



I started really trying to track my calories yesterday,too. Which was NOT good because I had McDonald's for breakfast (ooops). I've been counting calories and tabulating them on my own, but I decided to start using my calorie tracker app on my phone and letting it figure out more details. I realized that my calories weren't too bad  - I ate 2,116 yesterday with the McDonald's overload, but I also did Zumba for an hour and burned 600. BUT what really surprised me was the insane stats for the other areas - total fat, carbs, sugars, proteins, etc. I've been focusing too much on calories I think. Because I count them and I always stay under (except yesterday....). But after viewing my chart I realized calories didn't matter so much if I had a bazillion grams of fats and carbs. This little app really opened my eyes to that. And its nifty because at the end of the day it emails me a spreadsheet of my daily report and lets me really see everything. And it has literally EVERY food you can think of, EVERY restaurant you could eat at - its like the app to end all apps. So I'm going to try and use it way more often and stop depending on my own calculations.

In other news, I'm wearing one of my new dresses today and it is soooo comfortable. I feel like I'm in pajamas. And I decided to think "outside the box" and wear a pair of blue-jean flats with a black cotton dress. I've decided I enjoy this look. I couldn't get a full-body shot - kept coming out fuzzy. So enjoy instead a shot of the top half of the dress, and my shoes. :)


I've really got to stop using the choir robe room as a portrait studio. And by "portrait" I mean shoddy cellphone camera work, but hey - you get what you get and you don't throw a fit. (You have to say that in Southern for it to rhyme. You "git" what you "git" and you don't throw a fit. I would have written it that way to begin with but I could just see everyone scrambling to Google to type in "translator".)

Anyway, not sure what lunch has in store today. Lean Cuisine perhaps? Slowly, but surely. Hey, it is June and I am concluding this much: I may not have lost 50 pounds yet like I had wanted, BUT I haven't quit either. I've had many, many rough patches. But I haven't just given up and that my friends is progress. I don't think ever, EVER in my life have I set off on an endeavor like this and stuck with it this long, especially after so many failures. It may seriously take me two years to lose this weight but it's gonna happen friends.

Southern is a language,
Micha

No comments:

Post a Comment