Friday, June 10, 2011

Ima need to write this down

Well slap my ass and call me skinny! Okay....skinniER. :) I decided to weigh-in again today, in an effort to start holding myself more accountable even on "fat days" and guess what? I've lost 31 pounds! Not only have I crossed over my 25 pound plateau, I have left it in the dust. I've lost more pounds than years I am old. Woowoo! I haven't lost 31 of anything in years. I am SO happy to cross the 30 pound threshold,too. What a huge relief. I remember when I was watching Linds hit her 30 pound mark (which she has now well exceeded and she looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!), and my friend Laura at work hit hers, I just kept thinking "oh my gosh. that is never gonna happen for me. I am sooooo slow." But FINALLY it has happened my friends. My calorie tracker has been awesome.

Now, I am leaving for vacation at 9AM in the morning. And let's be honest - this is gonna pose some definite challenges for me this week. I'm not going to be an angel - I think that would be unrealistic to say. But I will make it a point to enter my food in my calorie tracker each day so that I continue to know where I am at. And I'm sure swimming and chasing my baby nephew will at least burn something each day. Maybe I can do a walk around the condo complex a few times?? I don't want to be "hardcore" about it, but I do at least want to not completely blow it. I would consider maintaining, or losing 1-2 lbs for the week to be a success. No gaining allowed!!

It should perhaps be noted here that I have been sooooo busy today trying to cram everything in that I have not exactly eaten well-balanced. I had cheese and wheat crackers for breakfast, and the same thing for lunch. But I fully plan on eating dinner soon. I haven't really even noticed how hungry I am until I sat down to start writing this. I had so much to do at work this morning to get everyone set to handle my absence next week. Then I came straight home and grabbed the dog and my laundry, took the dog to the groomer, and now I'm at my sister's house doing a load of laundry before I have to go pick her up. And then finally tonight I can go home and pack!!

So yeah kids. It was a good day in the world of Thintervention. I want to give one last shoutout to all those gals going through this with me - Lindsay, Betsy, Heather, Laura - and whomever else I'm forgetting!! - have all lost weight, made healthier life choices and are all seeing the benefits of it. Everytime I get down and discouraged, I am amazed by their amazing successes.

Also - yes, I do read all the comments you guys give me!! I just usually see them on my phone rather than a real computer, so I sometimes don't get to respond. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the positive cheerleaders I have - Kate, Adrienne, Tai, Stef - okay, so I can't possibly list them all because there are like 30 of you so I'll just stop trying. But I've said it before and will say it again - holding myself publicly accountable has been the best decision ever.

Okay. My 31 pounds and I are going on vacay now. See ya'll June 20th!

Micha







4 comments:

  1. YAAAAAAAAY! Hooray! You are inspiring me to get back into the gym routine. I rejoined this week. Its a bo bo gym, but (trying to stay positive) I will burn more calories hunting for a matching set of weights, so yay to that.

    Thirty pounds is amazingly awesome.

    Get it girl.

    And thanks for the shout out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing! Don't ever doubt that. I'm super jealous of your vaca, get some sun for me, but be sure to wear that sunscreen!

    Your success is so inspiring, you make me work harder! I wish I could Zumba with you :( Keep it up girl, I miss you!

    Yay for the calorie counter, it makes a huge difference knowing the break down in what you are eating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awesome! Congratulations!!! 31 pounds is absolutely amazing. What's more amazing is not your actual weight loss but the fact that you're doing something for yourself, and not just for yourself right now but for yourself in the future! It's so hard to break old habits and change old ideas but you're absolutely breaking through, running over, and leaving the past in the dust, and you're doing it PUBLICLY, which gets you even more cool points =) I'm so SUPER-DUPER-DUPER proud of you! You're an amazing woman and so inspiring!
    XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete