Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Three. Trois. 3.

Where to begin today? Well, I Zumba'd last night. It was soooooooo hot. I couldn't tell if it was just ridiculously hot in the room, or if I was just ridiculously hot from all the new dances, but either way - I died. My shirt was wringing wet, my hair was soaking wet - I looked like I had just showered when I left. At one point during cool down Kelly told us to inhale deeply - so I did. Unforunately, I was sweating so much that I inhaled sweat and nearly choked to death. Like you know when you jump in a pool and you accidentally get water up your nose, and you're fairly certain for those 2.7 seconds in time that you're going to die via a tragic drowning accident? Then the burning sensation sets in and you realize you're alive, and instantly you're just pissed off that you sniffed water and you totally forget you were seeing the light? Yeah. It was that. But instead of a pool I was in Zumba. And instead of water it was sweat. And instead of the light I'm fairly certain I saw Satan laughing.

Needless to say I came home and showered like I've never showered before last night. I scarfed down a wheat sandwich round with 2 tbsp of peanut butter as soon as I walked in the door to keep myself satisfied. Then after showering I went on a binge. But not of food. Of reality TV. Because I for reals could not walk. So I ate another Lean Cuisine and a crap ton of grilled vegetables, turned on Real Housewives of New Jersey and called it a night. I was in my bed by 11, and asleep by about 12:30. That's an accomplishment for me!

This morning I had a nice hearty bowl of oatmeal for breakfast and 8oz. of grape juice. I must say, I am totes in love with my calorie app (for those who asked - its called Calorie Counter by FatSecret). I actually feel more freedom since I've started using it. Because as long as I tell it what I ate, it takes all the guesswork out of my day. I knew exactly how many calories, carbs, proteins, fats, sugars, fibers and everything I had yesterday when it was time for dinner so it was SO much easier to pick a quick meal. Thank you technology. I apologize for being a garden gnome and not taking advantage of you sooner.

In other news, I decided to weigh-in today. I've been avoiding it like the plague because I was so determined that I had either gained a couple pounds or stayed the same, neither of which is an accomplishment. But.....I've lost 3 lbs this week! Thank. Goodness. Those three tiny little pounds turned my day from zero to HERO people. And I still haven't even added in resistance training (thorn in my side) - but I WILL!!!!

Finally, I feel as a quasi-public figure (in the sense that I write this blog and someone other than my mom reads it) that I must divulge a warning to those of you who have ever considered Lean Cuisine Spaghetti and Meatballs. Duh duh duh:

Do not, I repeat: DO NOT let this picture fool you into thinking this is real food. This was a fail of epic proportions. First of all, despite what you may see in the picture I added the parmesean myself so don't be fooled into thinking this beast came with cheese. Second of all, let me explain something about portion size here: Starving children in Africa eat more than this. When I poured it into my bowl, my very small bowl mind you, I actually laughed out loud. I turned the container over thinking "That can't possibly be it. Not possible." It was for real 4 bites. Granted, the upside is its only 270 for the whole package. However, if ima eat 270 calories bitches better be showing me something for it. The consistancy of the spaghetti was the equivalent to a Chef Boyardee meal gone terrible wrong. It was squishy and slimy and the sauce was basically glorified marinara. And the meatballs. well, in the picture you can only see three, but never fear my friends - they provided five glorious little quarter sized meatballs. Trust me, it was like Christmas when I moved my fork and two extra meatballs rolled out. I made myself eat them slowly. So I ate this little dish and called it lunch, but for real. Ima be hungry in like 25 minutes. I have become quite a fan of the Healthy Choice steamers and the Lean Cuisine lunches and I do enjoy them on a quasi-regular basis. So I'm not hating on the concept. But just saying - if you want pasta, go to Kroger, pick up a box of wheat pasta for like 88 cents, and make a normal human meal.

Okay, so I need to go because I've got way too much to do but before I do - have ya'll seen my cute new shoes yet?!



"I'm hungry momma! I really am!" (name that movie?)
Micha

1 comment:

  1. First of all I am dying!! “satan was laughing” HAHAHA!!

    Second, that quote is by Rollie in the original 101 Dalmatians animated version. Disney Circa 1961. My favorite version because back in 1961 it was perfectly acceptable to call people “idiots” and “fools” and smoke in films created for children.

    ReplyDelete