Monday, June 27, 2011

Weekend Update

Good morning! I'm writing earlier than usual today. No reason. I'm just that awesome.

I'd like to start this post with a picture of the AMAZING necklace my sister gave me yesterday. Isn't it gorgeous? It was supposed to be my Christmas and/or birthday present for next year, but my little nephew Colin accidentally told me she had a present for me. haha And since I'm a big kid, she knew I'd bug the crap out of her until she just gave it to me, so she let me have it! Apparently she bought it on vacation while I was standing right next to her looking at other necklaces! I never saw this one - otherwise I would have bought it in 0.2 seconds. She snatched it up, handed it to mom to hide while I was distracted. They had one more, and apparently mom saw that one and hid that one,too, just so I wouldn't see it! haha

So anyway: It is official. I have LOST the 3 lbs that I gained on vacation. Woowoo! Granted, I guess that doesn't increase my overall weight loss, but I'm still glad that I was able to drop three pounds this week. I worked my butt off for those three pounds! Three days of Zumba, and some hardcore calories counting can go a long way my friends. Now if only I can lose another three pounds this week, that would be sayin' something! Actually, four pounds would be fantastic because then I'd be at an even 35. The OCD side of me would like to see that happen.

So this weekend was absolutely the polar opposite of what I had planned it to be. I had planned on staying in Friday and resting, then heading out to Cincinnati for the duration of Saturday, then then catching up on my DVR on Sunday. None of the above happened. Friday was my sister Anissa's birthday, and I found out last-minute that she was having a cookout at her house with the family. So we drove down to her and Tim's house Friday after I got off work. For real, we had SO much fun. My family. Oh my family. When we get together, the amount of laughter than ensues is unmatched. Like all families, we have had our ups and downs through the years, but for the last couple of years it has been a lot of ups. Everyone is sort of settling into this happy norm. It seems like lately everytime we have a get together ( and we have had a lot!) that we end up laughing so much I leave with my cheeks hurting! Highlights from this cookout would definitely include everything from our "talent show" haha. Anissa got an iPad 2 for her birthday, and Caleb's girlfriend Amandah became videographer for the night. So what do we do? We have a family talent show. Everyone went around and shared their hidden, or not-so-hidden talent, after sharing the discussion about Dad's little known ability to make a sound like a bull in heat. (Yes. Really.) So dad did that, Anissa danced to the birthday card that I got her, Colin did a hysterical dance that he saw on a youtube video, and my personal favorite: my nephew Tyler attempting to wiggle his ears. Oh. Em. Gee. Have ya'll ever tried that? I think its hereditary or something. Its when ONLY your ears wiggle - nothing on your face moves at all, your head stays still - it takes a very specific muscle. My grandpa could do it, my sister Leslie can and her son Colin can. The rest of us look like fools when we try. But Tyler was beyond determined to achieve this talent by the end of the night so he just kept practicing and practicing - I wish beyond belief I could share the videos!! He looked like he was convulsing. hahaha Love that kid. Well, that 24 year old "kid". ha And what was my talent you ask? Well, my dad was born in the foothills of Kentucky and he has this thing where he pretends to be a backwoods Southern preacher. He shouts out the words to "Amazing Grace", southern as can be, and then the "congregation" responds by singing it, line by line. So I played the role of the uber Southern woman in the front pew sangin' my heart out while dad preached. Damn my family is special. Anyone still reading?? :)

SO, that was Friday. Saturday, I peaced out from going to Cincy because quite frankly I just needed some rest. So I grabbed a book and went and layed by my pool all day! I only got in a few times because the water was quite icy cold. But I started reading "Women, Food, and God" which is an Oprah recommendation I have wanted to read since last summer. So far, it is amazing. But I am going to reserve a whole post just for the book, so lets move on.

Sunday, Leslie, Colin and I went to see Cars 2. I am such a big kid. I know what you're thinking. "Oh, how sweet she took her baby nephew to the movies to see Cars 2!". Um, no. I took mySELF to go see it. I adore Disney/Pixar films to the ultimate extent. Adore. I have been dying for this movie to finally open!! It was simply a convenient perk that I actually had a child sitting next to me to downplay my level of loser-ness. The movie was great since it mostly focused on Mater. He is by far the best character in the Cars films, and this entire storyline was his. I laughed really hard. Just sayin'! AND, to further advocate my inner-child I saw at least three previews for upcoming children's movies that I simply must go see!! Did you know they're bringing Winnie the Pooh to the bigscreen?!?! Oh my gosh, I almost had a heart attack when Pooh Bear appeared on screen. I grew up watching Pooh and that cartoon has a very special place in my heart. I actually clapped when the preview ended. Only person in the theater who clapped. I looked at Colin, who was staring at my quite oddly and he said "Um yeah. I'm not coming with you to see that." ha! Guess I'll take myself on a date for that one.


So yes, it was a great weekend. Most importantly, I managed to eat well all weekend! (oh yeah, this blog is called Thintervention, not My So Called Life. My bad....) At the cookout I had one hamburger, one hotdog, a salad, and a small handful of chips. I had counted my calories very carefully all day that day though so I knew where I was. Saturday, I actually got up at 10 and made breakfast ( I know, right?!) before I went to the pool. For lunch I had a nice Lean Cuisine and some veggies. I believe the Lean Pocket was a garlic white chicken pizza or something of that nature. For dinner that night I wanted something very bad, like a large pizza. But I managed to talk myself out of it and make some whole wheat pasta instead.
I actually was even a good girl and measured everything. I mixed in some steamed peas and some 2 % cheese, and it was TASTY!!! Mmmm. Sunday wasn't great, but not terrible. We saw Cars 2 at the Movie Tavern, so I ate there. I had the Monte Cristo wrap, but only ate half, and had fries but only ate half, and some mac & cheese (ate all that...) I was actually really full for most of the day after that, so last night I had a PB & J on wheat to round off the weekend. Overall, way better of a weekend food-wise than what I normally do!

Okay, I think this post is sufficiently long enough. Anyone who is still reading please go have a cookie on my behalf now. Well done.

Mmm...a cookie...
Micha

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to draw inspiration from you girl! I totally crapped out on the gym this morning and hit the snooze button an embarrassing number of times. Tomorrow, I'm back in it to win it. Female Body Breakthrough, here I come!

    ReplyDelete