Thursday, June 9, 2011

Weather Fairy Fail

Good grief it is HOT. Why is it this hot in June? We had Spring for about 2 weeks, and then all of the sudden I'm considering 90 degrees a cool day. I detest any form of extreme weather, so before all you "You complained about how cold it was, so I don't want to hear it now!" people start commenting let me just say: I hate all weather equally. I bitch all winter because it is so cold. I bitch all summer because it is so hot. I have absolutely no desire to have to wear 25 layers, and have even less desire to walk around naked all the time. I like Spring and Fall, but it seems they are appearing less and less every year. Put your hairspray away girls - the ozone can't take it! ;)

Anyway, a few thintervention items for digestion (see how I incorporated all the blog words there? Like that did ya?)  I had another lovely breakfast of Quaker oatmeal this morning, accompanied by a V8 Fusion.
It was SO good. It is supposedly a full serving of fruits and veggies and I checked out the ingredients (of course) and they are actually almost entirely fruits and veggies. Its 100 calories for the can, and though I'm not a huge advocate of "drinking your calories" it was a nice morning treat, and I was able to add it in to my daily intake quite nicely. Definitely not an everyday thing because it does have some sugars, but absolutely an 'on occasion' and 'in moderation' item. And may I just shout out to the GENIUS that happened in my mouth when I took a sip of blueberry juice followed by a bite of oatmeal? Fireworks.

For lunch today I had another fail. This is two days in a row of failing! I had to run errands on my lunch break today because I have a bazillion and one things to get done before vacation. As a result I didn't go home like I normally do, so I had to opt for a drive-thru because I had no food with me. I opted for McDonald's to get a small ice water and a grilled chicken snack-wrap. On my eat-this-not-that twitter feed its one of the things they recommend if you have to eat at Mickey D's because its only 270 calories. So I ordered two (I know), did NOT get fries (yay me), and got an ice water. I have never had grilled chicken from McDonald's before. I mean, I don't think that is an abnormal statement - if I'm gonna go to McD's then I'm most likely craving a Big Mac, a double cheeseburger, mcnuggets, a bucket of fries, a sweet tea - the list is endless. But rarely - if ever - have I ever thought "Hmmm, I could go for a nice piece of grilled chicken right now. Better head to McDonald's!" Um, no. So when I placed my order today (and I think the drive-thru guy judged me a little because I said no to fries), I was a bit hesistant about the chicken. I am VERY picky about chicken, and chicken that comes in a bag is just generally not gonna be gourmet. Just sayin'. Well, this chicken certainly failed on an epic level. It was disgusting. I choked down the first snack wrap, but half-way through I pulled the chicken off and threw it in the bag. It was chewy, weird texture, had a slimy outer layer - ugh. So nasty. So I then pulled the second snackwrap out and took the chicken off completely before I even bothered to bite into it. So basically for lunch I had two tortillas with some lettuce, cheese, and ranch (though the ranch was non-existant). I only paid $3.00 for the meal so whatevs. And my calorie intake for the day is still right on track - I'm at 665. Woowoo. But for real - tomorrow for lunch ima need Paula Deen to fed-ex me some chicken.

So tonight is Zumba class, but after much deliberation I don't think I'm going to go. :( This saddens me because I REALLY want to (for once!). But I have such a ridiculous amount of stuff to get done before leaving for vacation Saturday morning, and I have tonight and tomorrow night in which to accomplish it all. If I Zumba, I won't get home until close to 8:00 tonight, then I'll have to shower and make dinner and it'll be 9:00 before I know it and I will feel like doing nothing but crashing and burning. So I'm going to make the executive decision to skip it. Instead, I will be shampooing my carpets, doing laundry, dusting, running the dishwasher, taking the trash out, packing, running errands, etc. I'll turn on some good tunes and dance while I clean and shampoo the carpets - and for those of you who read the initial post the first time I tried that process I think you know very well that it will not be a simple, quick task. I will most likely curse up a storm in the process.

Lastly for today,can I just take a moment for my dog? She is a cute, sweet, loving, precious dog. I love her more than I probably should, and definitely more than I ever expected I would. She is the BEST. However (saw that coming, right?) she is a little DEMON when it comes to potty training!!! I have tried it ALL - we have tried kennel training, puppy pads, bells hanging on the door, filet mignon treats - you name it, it has at least been attempted. And the thing is, she totally goes potty outside everyday four times a day. She is not illiterate and/or mentally incompetent. She goes outside, does her thing quite happily and returns inside to air conditioned bliss. But she STILL goes inside the house. I think I traumatized her by moving her to NYC for a year and having her life revolve around a 5th floor apartment and a puppy pad. Good grief. So SHE is the reason I'm shampooing the carpets again tonight. Little beast. Also, she is not convenient to vacation. I've never had to leave her for this long, and it took forever for me to come up with the best option for her. I finally settled on having a couple people I work with look in on her all week and feed/walk/potty her every day. Boarding her was WAY too expensive for as long as I needed, plus she would probably freak out anyway. She is such a spoiled little diva. I totally let her live in the life of luxury, so who could blame her. I'm taking her to the groomer tomorrow to get all gussied up before Saturday when she'll be around company. Hate to deliver a dirty child! So she is getting haircut, ears trimmed, bath, nails cut, teeth brush - the works. She'll hate me right nice by the time I pick her up! :) I love my little rat though.


Don't eat yellow snow,
Micha

No comments:

Post a Comment