Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Life's a Beach

Why hello there cyber world. Long time, no type! I pretty much went "off the grid" all of last week. I basically only acknowledge my cell phone long enough to take a picture or send a quick text. I didn't even make a phone call while I was gone. Whaaaa?

Needless to say: Vacation was amazing. I don't recall the last time I was at liberty to just lie on a beach and listen to the waves for as long as my little heart desire. Mmmmm. I don't think anyone reads this who isn't my friend on facebook, so I'm sure you have all seen the pictures!! I took them all with my cell phone, so they aren't gonna be finalists in any photography contests, but they'll do. The kodak moments were captured.

Our condo was GORGEOUS!! Ethan harrassed me for approximately 4 months leading up to vacation informing me that our condo was going to be nothing more than a vacant field with a sign that said "You've been had." To be fair, he had a good case - we rented the condo out via private owner, and we did it all online. And we don't exactly live close enough to the ocean to drive over and have a look to make sure it was legit. So we left on a wing and a prayer. By the time vacation actually had arrived, I was going to stay on that beach even if it meant I had to sleep in a sandcastle for the week, so I didn't really care. But Ethan had made me paranoid enough that I printed out every receipt, email, webpage, etc that I could find so we'd have a paper trail for our pending court case. :) No worries though!! It was not only real, it was stunningly beautiful, and in the most perfect location you can imagine. I know some portions of Myrtle Beach are redneckery and bargain shops where you can buy houses for like $9.99. But this was NOT that part! We stayed in Myrtlewood Villas, which were nestled on a golf resort, and it was perfect. The entire area surrounding us was gorgeous. Our condo sat on a lake where the sun set every night, and we were less than a mile from the ocean. We used the Hilton's pool/ocean access during the day so that we could rent umbrellas and beach chairs. Because I'm not sure if you saw the picture of what our car looked like all packed up, but beach chairs were NOT on the menu.

It would be in vain if I attempted to share everything we did on vacation. I just can't recap everything. Just know that we had an amazing, relaxing, laughter-filled week that I will never forget and it was MUCH needed! Seeing as how this blog is dedicated (mostly) to my weight-loss journey I will take a minute to discuss that part of the trip.

Remember how I lost 31 lbs right before I left and was all happy and was gonna eat great on vacation and do well? And, and remember how that did NOT happen?!?! Woof. I ate like a beast all week. I'm totally gonna have to own it because 1. there's no way around it and 2. there were too many witnesses who will rat me out if I try to lie (Leslie). I did truly keep my calorie counter going strong on the first day and at least attempted to track it. But then once I realized all the food I was consuming I simultaneously realized that there was no way in hell I was going to stay under 2,000 cals a day. Just wasn't gonna happen. Now, I DID swim everyday and I swam a LOT. So I'm sure that did a little counteracting (or at least I'm telling myself that ). But we had numerous restaurant excursions, endless snacks - no really, ENDLESS SNACKS - two or three homecooked southern meals provided by my aunt and my mom, and TWO all-you-can-eat buffets. I mean, thats every fat kid's DREAM!?! I can't even list everything I ate. And not because I'm ashamed (okay, partially because I'm ashamed), but mostly because we ate so much I couldn't possibly remember it all!!!  But hey - it was vacation. And that is something that rarely happens, at least in my world, so I totally lived it up. I pretty much slept/laid through Sunday, and yesterday was in shock mode coming back to work, but today I have pulled out the calorie counter and picked up my Zumba clothes on my lunch break. I even went into Kroger this morning before work because I needed makeup remover and makeup. I was starving, and my first instinct was to get a Krispy Kreme doughnut.....because those may or may not have been consumed on vacation....*ahem*. BUT I ended up grabbling a box of Fiber One bars and a vitamin water. I figured I'll need the fiber bars this week anyway, and the water was yummy. Only a 250 cal breakfast, so that maybe helped redeem something....like maybe one side dish that I had last week. Woof. But I grabbed my Zumba clothes in yet another attempt to return to normalcy. I keep telling myself - 31 POUNDS. That is only 19 lbs away from FIFTY! So that gives me motivation to get back to work!

AND, my other motivation is you guys!! I literally received text messages, emails, facebook comments - everything! - when I posted my vacation pictures. Everyone was just way too nice telling me how great I look and how proud they were of me (Sidebar: Don't read motivational weight-loss comments whilst sitting with a bib around your neck at an all-you-can-eat seafood buffet. Built-in guilt trip right there folks.) Um, anyway, what?? Oh, yes - the comments! You guys are awesome. Endlessly supportive of me and SO sweet!! I am glad people are starting to see the loss in me. Head on over to facebook and flip through my vacation photos! I ain't got time to double post on here. :)

Anyway, back to work for me. Extended lunch break today, courtesy of my beach bum mind. Stay tuned for the upcoming exciting photos of my new......picture frame!! (anyone think I was going to say boyfriend? No? Just me?). While on the beach I found about a hundred PURPLE sea shells while I was walking the shoreline collecting shells. Needless to say that made my day. I didn't know purple shells existed!  But I collected a ton, and I bought this lovely little frame that had a sand-like texture and color to it. I'm gluing some of my favorite purple seashells along the border in various ways, and will fill it with a favorite vacay photo. Yay! (okay, maybe the boyfriend idea would have been more exciting....)

Toes in the water, ass in the sand.....
Micha

No comments:

Post a Comment