Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Beauuuuutiful Day!

It is SO gorgeous outside today. 75 (or warmer) and sunny? Yes, please! I've had a pretty good day thus far. I came in to work this morning and had my Zija vitamins. I ate a huge thing of pineapple for breakfast. Half-way through eating it Ethan arrived with a cinnamon roll for me. I took 2 bites just to taste it, but kept with my pineapple.Yay me!

I directed the senior adult choir this morning since my boss is on vacation. It was good times! I love directing that choir because they remind me SO much of the choir that I directed at my old church job where I was the music director. This choir is way better at reading music though. We have fun - they said I'm cheery. :) They have a little performance next week so I prepped them for that. We got through all of the pieces and everythign sounded pretty good by the time we finished, so it was a productive rehearsal. They are such a sweet group of people. And I had one of the choir members warm us up with a couple songs so I grabbed my music and went and sang with them (alto) and that was so much fun. I love getting to sing some nice harmony on a Thursday morning. :)

After rehearsal, Ethan came and found me and talked me into going to lunch. I was a little hesitant because of the whole food/eating healthy thing, but we settled on Suggins. I ordered a bunless burger with only cheese, and had a baked potato - no salt, only some butter. I set the sour cream to the side along with the bun. And I drank water. So overall, I actually don't think that was too bad - right? Ethan sat across from me with a hot brown. For those non-Kentuckians: a hot brown is a big ole mess of thick bread, ham, turkey, bacon, tomatoes, gravy, and a crap ton of cheese melted over it all. It looked totally awesome.

After lunch we walked to Orange Leaf to get some low-fat yogurt! I had strawberry yogurt with four toppings: fresh kiwi, bananas, mangos, and a few little wafers. Oh my God, I wanted to marry it. SO good. Exhibit A:


That's right. I made this picture X-Large because it was X-Good. :) I'm back at work now and I suppose it's time to stop talking about food and start thinking more about music again. I've got some lead sheet packets to put together for rehearsal tonight. If I can get out of here at a decent time, and that is questionable, I may go for a walk tonight. We shall see!

Orange Leaf = Love,
Micha

No comments:

Post a Comment