Monday, April 18, 2011

When it's 14 inches, size DOES matter.

Well kids, I come bearing loads of good news today. First of all, I have been to the gym 5 days in a row, and let me tell ya - that is an accomplishment for me!! Well, technically I went to the gym 4 days, and the 5th day I took a 30 minute power walk outside because it was so pretty. I went to my parent's house yesterday because I woke up with a wild hair and wanted to do something besides lay in my house all day. I went all the way to Bethel (about an hour outside of Lexington, located in a field. Literally.) My mom and I took a 30 minute power walk through the cemetary that my parents now live directly across from. Weird, I know. BUT, it has paved walking paths and it all sits on a big hill so there are a  TON of ups and downs. After 30 minutes I was totally sweating and my legs hurt from all those hills! I think it was actually more challenging than the gym! Afterwards, my mom fixed me a nice healthy dinner. Chicken stir-fry consisting of grilled chicken, wheat rice, broccoli, onions, and red peppers and a baked potato. It was soooooo yummy. I didn't even take a picture of it because I inhaled it too fast! ha

Second piece of good news: I had my mom take my measurements yesterday since I still don't see changes in my appearance and I haven't lost too much weight. I happened to have my exact measurements from right before I started all of this. I was in a wedding in December and my mom made my dress so we still had all my measurements. I am proud to say I have lost 5 inches in the chest, 6 inches in the waist, and 3 inches in the hips for a total of 14 inches. To me that was a big WOW factor. I had NO idea I was losing inches like that!! So I guess even when my weight isn't dropping (maybe partially because of muscle beginning to gain), at least my body is actually going through changes. I was absolutely shocked when my mom measured me, and so was she!! She agrees with me that really the only place you can see a lot of changes are my face. But my clothes do feel a little loser. And on someone my size, losing 5 or 6 inches in the chest or waist isn't going to cause the shocking visual that it would on a smaller person. But still, I am SO happy with those measurements. I felt like it was the first real validation that I'm on the right path, even if it is a slow and steady one. It's so hard not to focus on the long-term results. I want to be 10 sizes smaller NOW, 100 lbs lighter NOW, wearing cute clothes NOW. I get easily discouraged. But I have to think, okay: I've lost almost 20 lbs and 14 inches. That is definitely a quantifiable result. I'm going to check my measurements again for sure because it felt so good! haha I'll wait a while - probably closer to end of summer - to have time to actually lose more inches.

Finally, my third piece of good news: I BEAT THIS WEEKEND!!!! mwahahaha (that was my evil laugh. You should hear it in person. Way better.) Anyway.....awkward. So um yeah, I beat this weekend!! I exercised every day,  I drank water, and ate perfectly healthy. I was tempted a few times to give in and order junk food or be lazy, but I refused. Mind over Matter.

Friday:
Went to the gym. For dinner I ate foil daddies at Leslie's house again ( I know. I'm obsessed).

Saturday:
I actually got up and cooked breakfast. Alert the media - breakfast on a weekend! Whaaaa??
I know, right? A nice little omelet with wheat toast and strawberry jam. Mmmmm. I went to the gym afterwards and had a great workout!! For dinner that night I had two bunless hamburgers with 2% cheese, and a bowl of lima beans. My only "bad" thing was for a snack late that night I had peanut butter on wheat toast. I knooooow peanut butter is all oily and stuff, but I have such a love for it. And it's better than a bucket of chocolate!

Sunday:
I had a leftover hamburger on wheat bread for lunch, then went to my parents. The rest is history!

I'm so proud of myself for not giving in to the weekend blues. Gahhhh.

I am planning on going to the gym tonight. I also am planning on shampooing my carpets, and I'm sure thats gonna burn some calories. This morning my hell rat of a dog PEED on my MATTRESS while I was in the shower!!!!! I know it's partially my fault because I didn't take her out before I showered, but in my defense I NEVER do! She always ignores my alarm clock and stays under the covers and sleeps while I shower. Then when I get out and get dressed, she starts to stir and we go outside and have morning potty time. But this morning, she apparently felt the need to wake up while I was showering and peed a river on my bed. I kid you not, it was the most any dog has ever peed in the history of man kind. UGH. So I was cursing and muttering under my breath as I had dripping wet hair spraying Bissell pet cleaner and scrubbing my mattress at 8:00 this morning. I took my sheets off but there was nothing I could do with them since I don't have a washer, so I tossed them in the bathroom floor and will deal with them tonight. Little hellion. Her potty habits have been less than desirable lately. I mean, she's always had accidents because she's evil, but here lately I feel like every time I look away she finds a new spot on the carpet. So tonight I am shampooing them until they look like we're at the Ritz, then I'm going to stay on her hardcore with the potty thing. Why do I have a special dog?? Why???

Anyway, sorry for that side rant. I just finished eating lunch (the chicken stir-fry leftovers) so I guess I should get to work.

14 inches ya'll!
Micha

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! Don't you dare try to write off that it is not a big accomplishment. I will come to Ohio and power walk all over your myself! Stay inspired, and you can tell next weekend where to put it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats. Those are huge numbers of inches. Keep up the good work and keep positive. You are doing great.

    ReplyDelete