Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Easter!

I know, I'm a little behind on the well wishes for Easter -but I hope you all had a good one! For me, it was fabulous. I haven't written in a while, but things have just been cray-cray so I got behind.

Friday - all I can say about Friday is STORMS. I mean, really that would sum up this entire weekend but for real - on Friday I thought I was going to die. There is a story - but I'm out of energy to type it. It involved a restaurant, tornados, straight line winds, windows busting out, me screaming - you get the picture.

Saturday....what did I do??? Oh yeah - I went to the gym!! Woowoo. I worked out double hard on the treadmill because I knew Easter dinner was coming up the next day. I also ate well, this much I remember. Exactly what I ate?? Couldn't tell ya. This entire past 4 days is just such a big blur to me!

Sunday - Easter!! I got up at the ass crack of dawn and drove to my parents house. I was going to go to Quest for church, but my mom was singing in an Easter program and I think she really wanted family there. My dad even went with us, which is a rarity! My mom's church is tiny. No, really. It is all of 30 people total, one tiny little room like a one-room schoolhouse. The preacher called in sick (yes, really), so they had a congregation member step in and take his place. My mom sang her little heart out. :)

After church, mom had to go to another church and sing the same program, so my sister Leslie and I ended up in charge of Easter dinner. A couple weeks ago Mom asked me if I wanted her to cook a healthy dinner for Easter. I laughed, and then realized she was serious! Um, NO. I wanted my momma's homecooked Southern treats for Easter just like I've had my whole life. So we had mashed potatoes, broccoli casserole, homemade mac & cheese, biscuits, rolls, country ham, turkey, noodles, dressing, corn - you name it, we had it. Sweet tea to drink, and a four-layer chocolate dessert. In case you're wondering: I ate it ALL! I didn't care. lol I have never enjoyed a meal so much in my life! I used to eat that food every single time I went to my mom's, but lately she has cooked me special healthy meals - even on my birthday!! So I went all out, and enjoyed it - didn't feel at all guilty because I knew it was just one day. I've actually gained enough control now to allow myself to do things like that. I can eat like crap and indulge, knowing fully well that I will get back on the bandwagon. In the past I never would have done that. One meal, or one day would throw me off and I would ruin my entire week - or month. Or just quit. But now I take comfort in knowing that I'm getting to the point where making healthy decisions is becoming second nature. I never, ever thought I would say that!!

We did have a rather festive Easter Egg hunt that literally made me out of breath from running allllll over my parents huge back yard! My dad hides, and all the "kids" hunt. By kids I mean me and my three grown ass sisters, along with my 5 grown ass nephews, the youngest of which is 8 and by all rights should technically be the only one hunting. But we fill the eggs with chocolate and MONEY! SO there is a lot at stake. We have hilarious pics from this annual event, but they're all on other people's cameras, so none for the blog. I did, however, snap a picture of our eggs that we decorated. They turned out.....um, special. The one in the plastic case that looks like it needs to be committed is Anissa's.




Oh, and in other news: I also weighed in this weekend. Last time I weighed in I was hovering right around 18 lbs, SOOOO close to getting to 20. This weekend? I have officially lost 22 lbs!!! Woo!! So I'm really hoping to hit 25 lbs by May - I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!This process is so slow some days I can't stand it. But today I was thinking, who cares how slow it is?? Even if it takes me a year, or two years as long as every time I weight the number goes DOWN then who cares? I've lost 22 lbs and that is no easy task, let me tell ya!

Sunday night I came home and got a wild hair and decided to give the dog a haircut and bath. Colin had given her a UK jersey for Easter, but I hated to put it on her with her fur all matted and smelling foul as the day is long. She hasn't been to a real groomer in forEVER, so we've been doing the home grooming sessions. She hates this. So do I. I dread them with every fiber of my being, and she always looks at me like she is going to cut a bitch when I pull the scissors and shampoo out. She totally knows what's coming. This is doggie before:



OMG, I know, right?! She was just tragic. Her little fur was sooooo grown out I couldn't even see her face. So I gave her a haircut-ish. She wouldn't let me trim her back legs and butt/tail area because by that point we had been working for an hour. I was sweating, cursing, yelling and she was whiny and fidgety. So I did what I could, then put her in the bathtub and scrubbed her down. Then blow-dried her. Then she didn't speak to me for at least 3 hours. Here is the after:



My sweet little baby. :) I don't think I did great on the grooming, but I also don't think that I did terrible.

Yesterday I do believe was a complete and total waste of a day. I was tired from the weekend's activities, and lack of sleep from staying up all night because of all the crazy storms. So I slept until 11:30 yesterday, but didn't actually get out of my bed until 1:30. Heeeeeey. :) Then I basically just moved from my bed to the couch, then eventually back to my bed. Whatever. It was my day off and I took it!!

Finally, there is today. Had my Special K for breakfast. Note: We went to staff meeting, where they provided blueberry and poppy seed muffins, chocolate frosted doughnuts, AND Chick-fil-A chicken and biscuits. Good Lord. So when Laura, my Zumba buddy, came in she sat down right next to me with her banana and we stayed strong!! lol I chewed mint gum - if I have that in my mouth I find I don't want food. It smelled and looked delightful, but we resisted. Woowoo! And tonight: I'm going to Zumba again! Wish me luck. Should be just swell. Laura can't go, so I'm going alone. I will just dance somewhere near the back. :)

I have a few other things going on in life right now that perhaps are not so bloggable - but John Mayer seems to be fixing all that, so at least I have an outlet other than food. ha!

Workout from hell - here I come!
Micha

2 comments:

  1. Heck yeah Micha Baby! 22 lbs is an amazing feat! Keep up the good work, I'm so proud of you!! AND you've caught the gym bug! Woot woot! It's hard to get rid of knowing that the more you burn, the leeway you have in the calories you get to eat :)

    Congrats again on the loss and I can't wait to see and hear more of your results on the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing awesome!!! You get it girl!! Homeboy better watch out!

    ReplyDelete