Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Stormy Weather...again.

Well hey ya'll! It is way past my writing time, but today was just insane!!! (I am realizing that I start most of my posts with that, or something similar. But it's always true!)

Anyway, is anyone else tired of these storms?! I don't know who reads this blog, but for those of you in Kentucky if you're like me you are OVER it. Tornado warnings, rain, hail, severe storms and 80mph winds for 6 days straight? Um, no. Please go somewhere else! As I type this I am hearing that we are supposed to get an even larger system come through tonight. Ima have to have some words with the weather fairy here in a hot minute.

Back to life (...back to reality...oh you know you sang it,too). So I Zumba'd last night. I'm making it a verb now. Because I damn well DO something when I Zumba. It was rough, but admittedly not quite as rough as the first time around. I still barely kept up and wanted to die at the end, but I feel my life to death ratio was much more in balance. And I could actually breathe, which says something. It was fun - we learned two new dances, one of which was cray-cray. Some crazy footwork trick with your toes and your heels and your foot and your dog....well, you get the idea. After she taught it she suggested we try it in double-time. Well, the two girls next to me absolutely went into fits of hysterical laughing at that point. They were like "Um no. That ain't gonna happen", and one of them actually laid down on the floor and laughed. Then I managed to do it for like 4.2 seconds, and she stopped laughing, looked dead serious and said "White girl can dance!" - well, then naturally I couldn't do it anymore after that. Whether it was because of that comment, me laughing, or because I had simply met my "natural" ability dance quota for the day remains to be seen.

A guest instructor did a Lady Gaga song ("Telephone") with us - now, this was both good and bad. It was good because I happen to love that song, and the routine was kind of less Zumba and more dance (if that makes sense at all...). So I was totally getting into it and loving me some Gaga. The bad was that the girl who was teaching us was absolutely a spastastic crazy girl. She would do the most simple move, but her body would move like she was dancing to the countdown to New Year's Eve and was being filmed up close and personal. Her ass was bumpin' so far back I thought she was gonna hit herself in the back of the head with it. No. Lie. It was actually almost comical. No - it WAS comical. But the song was enjoyable. :)

For dinner last night I did a Lean Cuisine pizza and some steamed peas/corn. It was super yummy.
The pizza had red and green peppers, onions, sausage tomatoes - it didn't taste like Lean Cuisine. Then again, after Zumba I was famished so I'm not entirely sure that I cared. I drank a full 32 ounces of water in like 1.2 seconds.

Speaking of, can we please give some love to my water bottle?
I know that one doesn't generally discuss water bottles, but I have some mad love for mine. My mom bought it for herself, and when I whined she gave it to me. What? I never said I'm not spoiled. Not once did I say that. This picture makes it looks a bit special, but really there are two things I love about it. 1. it holds a full 32 oz of water. I drink the entire thing for lunch, and the entire thing for dinner, plus some extra here and there. So I know that I get in a minimum of 64 oz a day, which si good. 2. It has a STRAW!!!!! This is the secret people. I speak the truth. The straw makes the bottle. I sit and sip and don't even realize I've drank that entire bottle. I know it's a "mental" thing (and/or issue...), but that straw makes my little world a brighter place. Hm.

Okay, so anyway, that leaves today. It was Secretary Appreciation Day! (who knew?). So my two bosses took me out to lunch to PF Changs. Mmmmmm. I ordered lettuce wraps which were DELISH. I will have the leftover for dinner. Its literally what it sounds like - a big piece of lettuce, then you fill it with this chicken stuff. The lettuce serves as the wrap. I drank water. The wraps are only 160 cals per serving, and there are 4 servings a dish. I had 2 for lunch, and have the rest left over for dinner. Way too excited. I also would like to note that this morning was one of our staff member's birthdays. They had her a nice big carmel iced cake that looked absolutely to die for. My mouth watered just looking at that beast. BUT, I chose to not eat any (especially since I knew PF Changs was in my near future).

Can't decide about the gym tonight. The weather is still so terrible outside, and I probably won't leave here until around 7:30-8:00. Plus I have Zumba tomorrow. So who knows. But on a bright note: I wore a shirt today that I haven't worn in forever. It was way too small. It wouldn't even button on me, and usually I wore it with a cami under it and it was literally 3-4 inches from considering buttoning. This morning I put it on - not only does it button, it's BIG! It could button another inch over and it would still fit! Love love love things like that. :)

Tomorrow is Thursday (and then comes Friday, Saturday, Sunday....),
Micha

2 comments:

  1. Zumba sounds totally fun. I may have to give that a try at some point soon. :)

    That water bottle looks awesome. Do you know where she bought it. I would love on like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl!! Yes, you should DEF try out Zumba. It actually is a lot of fun (though perhaps my blog posts forget to relay that part), and it is the most intense workout you can imagine. I know you're all into the belly dancing type things, so I think you would like Zumba a lot! Most cities offer classes for like five bucks - I bet that area has tons!

    The water bottle is from Wal-Mart. I am still in love with it. If you can't find them there, we also saw them at Kohl's this weekend, so I now have one in purple,too.

    Thanks for all of your encouraging comments!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete