Thursday, April 14, 2011

It's all in the chips

I have been SO busy this week I literally have not had time to blog. I work in a church and its the week before Easter. Free time? Um, no.

Anyway, eating is still going well. Yesterday I stuck with pineapple for breakfast again. For lunch I went to Cheddars with a couple of my volunteers from the music department. Cheddars is one of my favorite restaurants, and my usual order is either cheese fries and croissants (because they have the BEST of both), or the buffalo chicken wrapper with fries, or the monte christo (again, the best). So going there was super, duper dee duper hard. So what did I order? *drumroll please* A salad!! Granted, it was somewhat of a pimp daddy salad, but a salad nonetheless. It was topped with slices of grilled chicken, cheese, pecans, and I had a light balsalmic vinegarette for the dressing. It was really good! I'm guessing the calories built up a bit with the pecans, which were candied, but they gave me like 1/3 of a cup if that so it couldn't have been to detrimental. Hardly any cheese (boo), and I had the dressing on the side and ended up not eating it all. And I drank water. So take that cheese fries! (mmmmm....cheese fries....)

Moving right along, for dinner last night I ate at home. I had low-fat turkey on toasted wheat bread with 2% cheese, and my new favorite chips ever: Baked Lays Southwestern Ranch. Now, I am a full-on anti-Baked Lays person. I have always thought them to be foul, and the chip world's way of punishing those who try to eat healthy. However, times is hard and I wanted a chip for my sandwiches and I'm tired of baked Cheetos. So I bought these mainly because they had "ranch" in the title and I figured if they blew chunks I'd throw them away and be out the 3 bucks. But they were SOOOO good!! Only 120 cals a serving, crazy zingy taste (actually, maybe a little too spicy for me, but I pick my battles), and the perfect compliment to a nice turkey sandwich. Voila:


This morning I have already had my Zija vitamins and am getting ready to have a bowl of pineapple. Its 70 and sunny today, which is apparently going to be followed by 3 days in a row of stormy weather (cue music). So I'm taking the dog for a walk tonight. I WILL do it!!! I WILL exercise. RAHR............meow?

Baked Lays rule,
Micha

1 comment: