Monday, April 4, 2011

Is this thing on??

Did I ever mention when I started this thing that I am terrible, no good, awful, and useless when it comes to keeping up an online blog? I am going to try WAY harder, I promise!!

Part of my no-goodness for the month of March is due to Thintervention not happening so much in March. As you saw in my last couple of posts I was dying of various diseases - i.e. pneumonia, strep throat, etc. I really just failed for the month. I ate terrible, and I never exercised because every time I moved I started coughing out of control. I had this mental block where if I didn't exercise, then I didn't eat healthy. And I wasn't allowed to take my Zija vitamins because they conflicted with the medications I was on, so there went that. I'm not making excuses, just simply stating that I failed. In all aspects. oh my gosh, and don't even get me started on what March Madness has done to my diet. UK went allll the way to the Final Four (if you're my Facebook friend, this fact has not been missed. :) ) and as a result, my family had multiple UK game parties - there was seriously so much junk food/beer/desserts merriment absorbed that I'm not even going to list it. Exhibit A:







It's probably best for my health that they are not playing in the championship tonight. ;) (but still - GO CATS!)

BUT, I have a fridge full of fresh healthy groceries, I'm back on my Zija vitamins, spring is in the air - I am not giving up. I don't think that people even half way understand how hard this is for me. I know that normal people can choose to eat healthy and exercise, and they look at me like "WHY is that so hard for you?". I honestly don't know why. But it is. It is a 24/7 struggle for me. I did not get to this weight because I'm great with food and exercise all the time. I got to this weight because I am an emotional eater, I struggle with healthy choices. My brain is ingrained to eat good yummy Southern food and sip sweet tea and lay on the couch or sit on the front porch. I just have to keep trying though. I am feeling pretty discouraged after my 4 week hiatus. I need support now more than ever.

I started my vitamins again this morning, ate a nice breakfast, a nice lunch, will likely have some fruit this afternoon and have a nice healthy dinner. I'm going to try to stay on the light side all week and NO CHEATING. I'm going to have to treat April like its January all over again and really discipline myself. I'm simultaneously excited/nervous/discouraged/ready all at the same time.

Micha

2 comments:

  1. No depression, guilt or being discouraged allowed! You're doing great and it's a fact that EVERYONE falls off the wagon, everyone! I had a weekend of fun and gained 3 lbs, woops! But I'm getting back on that damn train and am gonna hit it! You can too!

    It's so hard to change the way you eat when that has been the norm since you were little. It's what you know, what is comfortable and what is easy. If eating right and working out were easy, then as the saying goes, everyone would be skinny! (I changed it a bit, so bite me!)

    I definately think it gets easier and it gets happier. Yes, happier... I now enjoy the challenge of eating healthy and trying to find fun ways of cooking that keeps my calorie intake at its lowest possible.

    The thing you have to remember Micha, is that you have to treat yourself to a craving once in a while. It's about being able to stop that's key. I've solved this problem during the candy filled Easter season by getting the mini Reese's Eggs vs the big ones. I'll have a tiny reese's egg once a day knowing that that is my chocolate heaven for the day. Way back when, I would have downed half the bag and gone back for seconds... now I have one, a glass of water after and feel satisfied both physically and mentally.

    You can still eat southern, just find ways to make it healthy (2% cheese instead of regular), moderate (1/2 cup of that mac and cheese vs. 2 cups), pair it with tons of veggies (1 whole green pepper is only 33 calories) and give yourself a treat once or twice a week!

    Smile and think of this as a life change, not a temporary diet. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see you back in the habit, and please know that we are all behind you. While "normal" people can choose to eat healthier, I might beg to differ that that decision is always or ever easy. You are strong, my lady, and don't be too hard on yourself. For reals. :)

    And just for the record, I love having your blog in my life.

    ReplyDelete