Friday, April 15, 2011

BEEfore and "after"

Well kids, I have good news: I went to the gym last night. Let me paint you a picture: I was walking to the gym in my ratty ass gym clothes, when all of the sudden a bee crosses my path. Not just any bee. A bee roughly the size of a small humming bird. I kid you not. Then its little bee friend came along. And then a few more little bee friends came along. Then I realized they were all carrying guns and screaming "We love Sarah Palin!!". So, logically I ran. I was darting down the sidewalk from left to right, randomly coming to a dead stop then sprinting. I was terrified the things were going to be the death of me, and sadly I left my bee keeping outfit in my apartment. So I make it to the gym door finally, and you have to swipe a key card to get the door to open. Did mine work on the first try? Of course not. So I am panting, cursing, and yelling at the bees. I actually stopped, turned around, looked at the bees and said "Why are you and all your friends out?!?! GO AWAY!!". At that moment, my keycard finally swiped correctly and I pretty much fell into the gym. Whereupon I see two guys, not working out at all, but instead intently watching me as the entire front of the gym is glass windows and a glass door. They looked at each other like they wanted to bust out laughing, so I just said "Hi. What's up?" and put my iPod on and got on the treadmill. I ain't got time to be embarrassed. I mean, I almost died out there.

ANYway, so I worked it out on the treadmill, alternating between walking and running and listened to my new 2011 playlist. It was good times, and I sweat. I actually took a picture of myself afterwards, in all my sweaty glory because I wanted to document the moment. I will spare you the posting. However, I will NOT spare you two other photos. I have been feeling so discouraged because I've only lost just under 20 pounds, and I really can't see it at ALL when I look at myself. I mean, I look exactly the same every day, even though some of my clothes feel a bit loose. So I decided to take a picture of myself today, chins and all, and then found a picture of myself on my cell phone from just a couple weeks before I started Thintervention. Do you see any difference????




I know it is probably not in one's best interest to take a before and "after" photo when one is only about 12 weeks into the process. But I honestly want to know what people think because I just don't see it!!! All I see is a fat haze.

In other news, I'm headed to lunch now. Not sure what I'm having....one of those days where nothing sounds great. I had oatmeal for breakfast, which was pretty filling actually, so I'm not starving by any means. I wish I had time to cook a turkey burger, but alas. Maybe for dinner. I'm going to the gym again tonight - it's supposed to rain, so hopefully the bees will be hiding. If not, and they come out wearing little parkas I'm gonna cut a bitch. It's on.

Happy Friday!
Micha

5 comments:

  1. Your face! I can totally see the difference in your face. Don't be discouraged, 20 pounds is a huge success! Plus, you are motivating me to finally work out again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so totally see a difference baby doll! Like Krystal said, and like I saw in myself, the face always thins out first! Great job on getting to the gym, and let those guys laugh, they obviously weren't working very hard at their own thinervention!

    If it makes you feel any better, I fell off the treadmill yesterday AND I thought it was running twice and fell forward when I started walking fast and realized it wasn't moving... talk about the two guys in my gym thinking I was a wacko :)

    Keep up the hard work babe, it gets easier once you get a routine down. And that's what it should be, a routine, because this :::gestures to the new you::: my dear, is your new way of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement girls!! I'm trying, reeeeeally trying, to find the positive. :)

    Lindsay - I am laughing out loud at you trying to walk on the treadmill and tripping because it's not moving!!! bahahahahaha Thank you for that. :) I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why don't we live in the same city?? :( Wanna be a Southern girl? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 20 lbs is AWESOME!!! And yes! - you can tell a difference! I am so proud of you. Keep up the great work...it's paying off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally open to any location at this point in my life. One friend is trying to get me to move to Holland MI, feel free to toss out your southern suggestions :) I'm looking for event coordinating jobs ;)

    PS - I was born southern, no need to become one when I already am one!!

    ReplyDelete