Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Two in a row!

Well look at me, posting two days in a row! Told you I was going to try and do better. (to be fair, I'm so bored this week that posting is becoming a form of entertainment).

Anyway, yesterday turned out to be a good Thintervention day, and today is following suit. I had a nice bowl of Special K for breakfast (go me! breakfast two days in a row!). I took my Zija vitamins and I just finished lunch.

For lunch I had a Wal-Mart brand version of a Lean Cuisine. Its Great Value (thats the Wal-Mart brand), and they're called Lean Cafe's. I didn't purchase this myself. My mom bought it and made me try it since they're half the price of Lean Cuisine's, and she figured it couldn't hurt. I am very picky about frozen foods, so I was hesitant. But this first one was actually good - it tasted better than the Lean Cuisine. It was a Lean Cafe pepperoni pizza, only 350 calories and a few grams of fat so nutrition wise it was identical. I forgot to take a picture before I tore it apart to cool, but you get the idea.

Its a little personal size pizza, probably about 5 inches in diameter. It was good. I thought perhaps the pepperoni was a little chewy, but I blame this primarily on my overcooking it. I used the microwave in one of our kitchens here and I swear it was made in 1897. The food would probably cook faster if I sat it in direct sunlight. So I can never judge how to cook food in that thing, and in turn I added like 4 minutes to the suggested cooking time. Turns out: too much!




I had a tiny little can of pineapple chunks/tidbits to accompany said pizza. Only 50 calories for the whole can, and a good dose of fruit to add to lunch. It looks bigger in this picture than it really is. In reality it looks smaller than a jar of baby food. And honestly, again my mom bought this for me to have snacks at work and knowing her it probably came from the kids aisle! :) I'm so grateful though to know that even though I am struggling with all this, my family is SO SO SO supportive. My mom even called me this morning to tell me she was at Wal-Mart and there were Healthy Choice foods on sale and she wanted to know which kinds I liked best because she was buying me some. And my sisters have been offering to buy me groceries to make sure I keep healthy food in stock. Because honestly that plays a HUGE part in it. If I have healthy food in my house, I eat it without thinking twice. If I'm low on food or have junk food, I eat that, or order pizza, or do something else detrimental. Having the option to go to my cabinets and fridge/freezer and know that whatever I pull out will be an easy, healthy meal makes a HUGE difference. Am I spoiled? Absolutely. But I love my family so much. :) I talk to my mom every day, 7 days a week, sometimes twice a day. Never miss. She's my best friend. And yes, she harps on me and fusses at me and knit-picks everything I do. But I know how much she loves me and would do anything in this world to make me happy. Her happiness is secondary to her family, and it is truly amazing. She didn't have a mom growing up (she died when my mom was 3) and she was shuffled around to all kinds of places because no one wanted her. So how she has turned out to be so amazing is amazing in itself. When she is telling me my hair looks bad, I need to eat healthy, my shirt is too tight or my makeup makes me look pale - I at first want to throw something at her, but then I just laugh and I know how lucky I am to have a mom who cares about me so much.

Wow...I don't even know where all of that came from. Food, what?! Maybe its good to take emotional dives sometimes. I'd rather put it in a blog than eat it on a plate. :)

Pineapple tidbits and love,
Micha

No comments:

Post a Comment