Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Chugging along


So much to get off my chest today. First of all, this morning started with a little road rage. I detest stupid drivers. I had a guy behind me at a red light who kept incessantly honking his horn at me and making rude gestures. There was nothing I could do!! It was a freaking red light, during rush hour, so there was a TON of oncoming traffic. So I just sat there. Then when it finally turned green and we went, he tailgated me even though he had more than ample room to get in the other lane and pass me. So I slowed down so he would pass me and just go away and he gave me the evil eye. I'm sorry, but I did not invent the red light nor did I make the rules associated with. If you're evil enough that you have to honk at someone who is at a complete stop, then I hope you hit a pothole on the way to work and busted a tire. Thats right. I said it.

Moving on and back to Thintervention... Last night was pretty uneventful food wise. Right when I got off work my little nephew called me and begged me to come play the Wii with him - he even offered me $5! haha Its not that I don't love the kid - because I absolutely love and adore him and want nothing but him to be happy. But he just has nooooo idea how one feels at 5:00 at the end of a work day mid-week. I always just want to go home and lay in silence and veg out. But I feel bad for the kid because I remember exactly what it felt like to be his age and not have anyone to play with. I wasn't an only child, but my sisters are so much older than me I was the only kid at home. And I wanted nothing more than someone to play Mario brothers with me or watch me play. So I totally symphathize with him. And I know that one day soon he'll be older and to the point that he doesn't care if I come over or now. I really do love the kid, and I feel AWFUL when I tell him no. Sooo....I went. :) I made a PB&J on wheat to take with me because I was starving. I played the Wii with him for a couple hours, but was home by 7:30ish so it wasn't too bad. And hey, not gonna lie - I LOVE to play the Wii.

When I got home I was hungry enough for dinner by around 8:30, so I made a quick pathetic little meal. I had a salad that consisted of only lettuce, a handful of low-fat croutons, and some light rasberry vinegarette. Along with that, I had another frozen dinner. It was another knock-off brand of a Lean Cuisine, called a Lean Gourmet. Only 270 calories - rigatoni, brocolli, grilled chicken all tossed in some type of creamy sauce. It was okay - definitely no worse than the regular Lean Cuisine, half the price, and the same nutrional content. So it worked. I drank water of course. I was hungry again by the time I finally went to bed around 1AM, but thats just my fault for staying up half the night when I should have been sleeping! I drank my Zija tea around 10:30 to satisfy me somewhat. Didn't work. ha!

Anyway, I had my Special K for breakfast this morning, took my Zija vitamins, and just finished lunch. Lunch was sooooo good. I am in love with the new Healthy Choice Steamers, specifically the Chicken Margherita. Its pasta, red peppers, tomatos, basil, grilled chicken, all tossed in a light balsalmic vinegarette. It steams in the microwave for a few minutes, and voila! Tasty goodness for 300 calories.


I like to put it on a plate (yes, even a styrofoam one) because it makes it feel less like a frozen dinner. I know this is purely a trick of the mind, but it totally works for me. I actually feel like its more of a real meal and less of a quick microwaveable lunch. One of my fb friends wrote one day that she thinks you drink more water if you drink it with a straw, and I totally agree. Its totally a mind thing, but I drink twice as much if I'm sipping with a straw. It makes it feel more like a real drink, since I guess I equate straws with what used to be my daily dose of drive-thru Diet Coke. So since I don't do that anymore, I actually like this sneaky little trick. Although I honestly don't mind water at all. Sometimes I actually crave it. Its ice cold and its the only thing that truly quenches my thirst. I keep a Brita filter pitcher in my fridge at all times with icy cold water at my fingertips.

In other news, can I take a moment to shout out some love to my iPod shuffle? I can't say enough how much I adore this feature. I have 4,000 songs on my iPod and there is no possible way for me to listen to them all by simply picking an album. Shuffle brings back soooo many songs I forgot I had! For example: Michael Jackson's Will You Be There is playing right now. Earlier I had some Bach, some Beatles, some Faure Requiem, a little La Boheme, Rent, Carrie Underwood's older albums, and a Kelly Clarkson song I had forgotten was ever in existence! I've been blasting music in my office all day. Everyone is on vacation this week, and I am literally all alone back here. No one has even walked by. So I'm singing my little heart out. :)

Someone make me exercise...
Micha



1 comment:

  1. I have to agree about the plate thing. We have a set of dishes at work, and I have gotten into the habit of plating it even if it is something cold. It helps me feel less like a lame brown bagger (read:too poor to afford eating out and healthy in midtown). I had a case of train rage this morning. While it is different then road rage, I feel your commuter pain. Keep up the good work, m'lady. I continue to salute your Diet Coke free lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete