Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Z-Z-Z-ZUMBA

I seriously have no words to describe this week. I have been so busy I can't tell my left from my right. When did I write last?? Monday?? Oy.

Anyway, I'll just briefly catch up. It's Holy Week (i.e. Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter Sunday). I work in a church. I think that about covers that.

I've actually been doing great with food and exercise. After my successful weekend of not giving in to any temptations, I used that momentum to propel myself into the week. Monday night I shampooed my carpets, and let me tell ya - THAT is a workout. Woof! I felt like I was going to die afterwards. I borrowed my sister's carpet steamer cleaner thingy, and it weighs I kid you not 2,000 lbs. On a skinny day. And I had to lug that beast up the parking lot, which is conveniently located on a hill, down my sidewalk, and up a flight of stairs into my apartment. By the time I did all that I briefly considered not shampooing the carpets and just rewarding myself with a stuffed crust pizza for even carrying that bitch. But I didn't. I cleaned my carpets in my livingroom, hallway, and bedroom until there was no dirt left to be had. The worst part of the entire process was that every few feet or so the water and/or cleaner would run out and I'd have to take it apart, run it to the sink to fill it up, take it back and put it back together. Another few feet, and the discharge area would fill up and I had to take it and empty it, then put it back together. If you ever have a carpet shampooer break, I'm your woman. I bet I dis-assembled and re-assembled that little beast 12 times. I was dripping with sweat, and decided to forget the gym and just have a dance party in my apartment instead. And by party I mean me and the dog. And by me and the dog, I mean she layed on the couch and looked at me like the fool I was. I danced for about 20 minutes and finally my body peaced out. I don't even remember what I ate for dinner that night....something healthy though!!

Yesterday, I had my regular - Special K for breakfast. But then we had our staff meeting and lunch was provided, and that's never easy. We had chili cheese dogs, coleslaw - the works. So I chose to have a bunless hotdog with a small spoon of chili over it, and ate baked lays. I opted out of the smorgasbord of sodas and drank water instead. I ignored any and all other side items. However, not gonna lie...I totally ate the ice cream for dessert. With whipped cream. And sprinkles. And chocolate syrup. Ooops.

Last night I went home and finished the shampooing of my apartment. This time I thought I'd be all smart and shampoo the couch. Who in the hell got in my head and told me that would be a good idea needs therapy. Worst. Process. Ever. I'm gonna leave it at that. I tried to go to the gym afterwards, even though I had been sweating and dying for 30 minutes already. But my key card wouldn't swipe so I couldn't get in. And per usual, the gym was empty so there was no one to let me in. I really wanted to just say screw it and go home. But I went and grabbed the dog and took a 20 minute walk instead. She needed the exercise as much as I did! for dinner I had a Lean Cuisine pizza and a cup of peas. And that is that.

Today has been insane. Too insane for words. Sooooooooo BUSY.  But i've made time for food. Had breakfast (three guesses.....Special K!), then a Lean Cuisine whole grain lean pocket for lunch with a handful of Baked Lays. Tonight I'm going to Cosmic Zumba. Not just Zumba - Zumba on crack. They're turning all the lights out and turning on the blacklights - like cosmic bowling! A girl I work with goes weekly so I told her to start harrassing me and to MAKE me go! Since tonight is special, they're charging either $5 or 5 cans of food to get in. So this morning she emailed me and said she bought 5 extra cans of food last night just for me to go to Zumba tonight. Now THAT is awesome. So I went home and grabbed workout clothes on my lunch break and tonight we shall see. I'll either burn 800 calories or die trying!!

Whew!
Micha

No comments:

Post a Comment